• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Next suggestions for you to explore sam:
Ludovico Einaudi - In A Time Lapse
Lemon Jelly - Lost Horizons
I'm tempted to suggest something by mogwai, but unsure how much you like instrumental guitar music.

Just got tickets to see Neil Young & Crazy Horse supported by The National in the summer. Stupidly expensive and I can't afford it but hey, it'll seem worth it in July.

Penguin Cafe tour in february.
Oh yes!
Last time, Portico Quartet supported & were awesome!

Not sure it merits being here, but Miley Cyrus is doing the nec/lg arena & tickets start at £53 (plus the multiple fees the thieving fuckers charge).
I'm not sure her fan base tends to have that sorta cash lying about in a disposable manner eh?

Gigs are becoming too expensive in some ways imo.

just booked my Sonisphere tickets. 3 people, camping, car park and a secure locker.

£684.50

owwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Worth it for Metallica and Maiden and I have wanted to see the Prodigy for years and years. Going to be fucking AWESOME.

Not sure it merits being here, but Miley Cyrus is doing the nec/lg arena & tickets start at £53 (plus the multiple fees the thieving fuckers charge).
I'm not sure her fan base tends to have that sorta cash lying about in a disposable manner eh?

Gigs are becoming too expensive in some ways imo.

I'm seeing a take off of Take That on Dec 23rd for a tenner , im happy with that :icon_lol:

I saw Prodigy in '98 at Reading festial. They were brilliant. As were the Beastie Boys who were on straight after them. Great double bill.

In fact that lineup for the main stage that year was brilliant:

Friday
Jimmy Page & Robert Plant
Ash
Mansun

Saturday
Beastie Boys
Prodigy
Supergrass
Foo Fighters
Echo & the Bunnymen
Jurassic 5

Sunday
Garbage
New Order
The Bluetones
Shed Seven
The Divine Comedy

On other stages were bands like The Specials, Gomez, Gay Dad, Backyard Babies, Elliot Smith, Spiritualized, Travis, Idlewild, Grandaddy, Super Furry Animals. It was bloody difficult to find a way to see most of them.

Amusingly, I missed Garbage on Sunday night so I could go back to my car and listen to a Spinal Tap CD which I bought at a stall when I was walking round earlier that day! :icon_lol: I made the right choice IMO. The Majesty Of Rock is better than anything Garbage have done.

Things I never thought I would see

LJ discussing Miley Cyrus!!

Next, nimrod discussing Michael Buble?!

Ha, it's bad enough hearing his smug sickly sweet sugary voice so I won't waste anyone's time discussing him.

more interestingly i read on a site yesterday about vinyl etchings - ie where someone has scratched something interesting between the run out inner of a record and the inner spool. i remember it was a feature of some of the smiths records - in fact i checked the hand in glove 7" and it has "KISS MY SHADES" etched on one side and "KISS MY SHADES TOO" on the other. on this charming man 7" it has "SLAP ME ON THE PATIO" etched on the jeane B side. Also etched on the hand in glove is "A PORKY PRIME CUT" which refers to the work of a particular engineer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Peckham

Now I'm sure the etchings didn't start with the Smiths, though I didn't look further than those two for now, so I think it would be good to hear what anyone else can find on their treasured vinyl. I must admit, I had to hold the records up to the light and squint to find out what was written and I then found out it would have been easier just to check on the net. Still, you want to see it for yourself sometimes.

I know there's a mad thread on the chemical brothers forum regarding the etchings on their vinyl.

Back