• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Well, the 3rd headliner has been announced. The Prodigy.

Not exactly a nwobhm legend...

Neither is Metallica, but that's a fine start to the lineup.

just booked my Sonisphere tickets. 3 people, camping, car park and a secure locker.

£684.50

owwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Worth it for Metallica and Maiden and I have wanted to see the Prodigy for years and years. Going to be $#@!ing AWESOME.

Sadly I can't afford it but I'm sure it will be great. Never found the need for a secure locker to be honest...

Not sure it merits being here, but Miley Cyrus is doing the nec/lg arena & tickets start at £53 (plus the multiple fees the thieving fuckers charge).
I'm not sure her fan base tends to have that sorta cash lying about in a disposable manner eh?

Gigs are becoming too expensive in some ways imo.

Not that I want to discuss Miley C, but I don't think that's too bad these days. She could have charged a lot more, I reckon.

I remember paying £10 to see Deep Purple at Wembley Arena in the late 80s and being furious at having to pay so much.

I paid £4 to see Jonah Matranga play in a pub about 2 years ago. Now if he can fly over from America, charge that and still make a healthy living out of music then why do other fuckers have to charge £50+!!

Jonah is awesome, he has a 'pay what you can afford' sliding scale on his website for his albums & merch.

Gigs are becoming too expensive in some ways imo.
Arena gigs and the likes are getting very pricey. I still try and go to smaller gigs and more intimate venues. Prices are usually much more affordable.

a bit slow on the cd front this year due to a sudden influx of work but the 2013 selection looking like this. I've had to reject quite a few i like as tracks generally seem to be getting longer! the droney tracks have taken a back seat, wooden shjips, dead meadow etc. can't guarantee the foxygen track won't change for a shorter one either as i'm bang on the limit. the one below is a rip off of suspicious minds though so is a good one. if anyone interested let me know, though it may have to go into the new year to send. most of the tracks have been posted on here so check em out.

Fall out of love - Toy
Heart - Darkside
Pittura Infamante - Girls names
Line Of Fire - Junip
Strife - Savages
Dream Captain - Deerhunter
Lizard Kids - No joy
Gun Crazy - Drenge
Sleigh Ride - Fuzz
Go Blow A Gale - Charlie Boyer and the voyeurs
Swim And Sleep (Like A Shark) - unknown mortal orchestra
People of the Sticks - the Besnard lakes
Never Run Away - kurt vile
Electric - the men
Toe Cutter - Thumb Buster - Thee oh sees
Fragment Two - These new puritans
Sunray Venus - Throwing muses
Preservation - hookworms
Here We Go - Christopher Owens
On Blue Mountain - foxygen

Arcade Fire announced as Friday night Glastonbury headliners.

Pearl Jam have announced 2 dates next July. Leeds & Milton Keynes bowl I think. No idea how much though.

Fred Deakin has also posted a series of old mixes, as well as his winter mix on his soundcloud page.
This saturday, I'll be downloading loads of his stuff.
Can't wait!

Nimrod, I'll have a copy of that. Been desperate to get some new music in my life.

Pearl Jam have announced 2 dates next July. Leeds & Milton Keynes bowl I think. No idea how much though.

Goes on sale tomorrow morning. Think there were presales to fan club members today.

Holy shit that was a brilliant gig. Great view right by Tony Iommi. Ozzy was on fine form as well. From opening with War Pigs to playing Faeries Wear Boots and Children of The Grave it just couldn't have been much better. Only songs from the back catalogue I would have liked and weren't played were Trashed (understandable as it was Gillan era) and Sweet Leaf.

Just fucking awesome. Could have done without a forty minute wait for a cab at the station though...

Back