• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Manics are touring & playing the civic next april btw. Tickets on sale friday.

Been a while since I have seen them so, as long as there isn't a huge queue I think I will get some tickets. Great songs over the years, and love their new one.

Another awesome gig by The National. Slightly odd choice of encore songs and a couple of songs missing that I'd have liked to have heard but you can't have everything.

And Ally Pally - amazing building and all that, but Christ is it a bugger to get away from. Didn't get home till well after 2.

Found my copy of Transformer so I listened to that on the train earlier. Slightly bittersweet following Lou Reed's sad death but what a great album it is.

Funnily enough, thought of you (fnarr!) as was just sorting some cd's to listen to on the way to oxford, & one will be liquid skin!

Excellent choice sir. Devil Will Ride is a fantastic album closer.

The Holy Bible is still a great album.

Off to watch Fenech-Soler in Birmingham Institute this evening.

Frank you have a very good taste in music for a man at his Val Doonican age :)

First gig at Birmingham Institute - very interesting venue. Small crowd and very up close and personal to the band (Fenech Soler) last night. All in all, very enjoyable gig - well worth the £15 ticket. Also good to see New Young Pony Club who a couple of years ago were nominated for a Mercury Music Prize but seemingly haven't done much since - really tight, different band and it was strange seeing them as a *support* act in such a small venue. Got to meet both bands after the gig and have a few photo's etc as well. Good stuff.

Back