• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I find the institute is an excellent venue. I really like it and have been to some superb gigs there.

Far better than the godawful shit-hole that is the academy.

Only been to one gig at The Institute (The Vaccines). Agree it is better than any O2 Academy, but they beer prices still left something to be desired.

The sound was iffy in the old one, but at least you could see!
The sightlines in the new one are shocking. As is the layout. Placement of bars is terrible, as the to-ing & fro-ing of people wanting to pass you all the time gets on my wick.

Only been to one gig at The Institute (The Vaccines). Agree it is better than any O2 Academy, but they beer prices still left something to be desired.

Could say that about anywhere tbf.
LG arena is the worst. Burger & chips ther is £9.40!

beers in the Anchor on Bradford St before an Institute gig. some good ales usually

Off to watch Queens of the Stone Age in Birmingham tonight.

Just got tickets for AM at Finsbury Park next May

:disco:

Sonisphere looks to be on this year at Knebworth, 4th-6th July. It's shouldn't be hard to get a better set of headliners than Download, should it?

I got Repave by Volcano Choir at the weekend and it's an absolutely beautiful album. The lead singer is Justin Vernon, who is also the front man of Bon Iver so if you like them, you'll like this. If you DON'T like Bon Iver, you probably don't deserve ears.

They really lost their way. My mate was a huge fan, & they fell off the proverbial cliff!

Mind you, his track record is poor - the electric soft parade, the coral (fucking shite imo), & morgan (not the chairman fella!).

The new Turin Brakes album is a return to form

Finally! Will have to get a copy. I've bought every album wanting it to be better that it inevitably is. Decent tracks here and there, but never quite recapturing the magic of the first album.

Latest bands added to Download:

1459808_10152015760094764_429704565_n.jpg

Yes, that really does say Status Quo.

Metallica confirmed as one of the headliners for Sonisphere, with the rest to be confirmed later this week.

Interestingly, they will be playing one new song and the fans get to choose the remaining seventeen or so.

Back