• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Late on parade on that Download line-up.

What a bag of SHITE.

Aerosmith tend to be very good live, but I inifinitely preferred seeing them at Wembley Arena on the Pump tour to their headlining Donington (fuck this Download name - I'm a traditionalist) slot. Their delivery works better in a room than a field.

I have seen White Zombie at Donington as well (La Sexorcisto era). Pretty good, although as a band with an early slot they were crying out for more volume. Rob on his own will be sort of okay.

Linkin "One Direction with Guitars" Park can fuck off. Manufactured bands have no place in heavy music.

Just a total crock of utter shite. Awful headline acts. Where are the big guns - the Royal Family of heavy music? I'm thinking Sabbath, Metallica, Maiden, AC/DC etc etc etc

Sabbath aside though, all those bands have headlined donnington 3 or 4 times already.
That said, were it AC/DC i'd be there.

I know - it needs to be the Rock Royalty. Sabbath are touring with Ozzy (roll on December - I can't wait) so it was the perfect opportunity for them to get one of the nights.

A.N.Other, Sabbath, Aerosmith would have been a decent set of headliners.

Plus Sabbath are a great musical fit with just about any selection of heavy music for getting a decent line-up together.

Going to see Son of Dave at the hare & hounds tonight! :)

Awesome show as ever!
Shame on you Birmingham for having a piss poor turnout :argh:

FFS why do people miss out on such brilliance? Whatever happened to taste?

Next year's Mercury Music Prize is already sewn up:

The top comment :icon_lol:

Awesome show as ever!
Shame on you Birmingham for having a piss poor turnout :argh:

FFS why do people miss out on such brilliance? Whatever happened to taste?

as bruce hornsby used to say, that's just the way it is. i mean most people don't even appreciate that the chameleons are the best band the manchester region ever produced. it wouldn't surprise me if for a lot of people they even rank below some gay sounding beatles rip off band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-KA7rZW6tw

On November 19th, Rush will release their live "Clockwork Angels" CD. And also next week, Alex Lifeson is on Planet Rock, but I do not know when.!!

Great selections nimrod!
I rushed over here excited by the bambaata reference on another thread. Tribe & digable made me feel better. :)

Tomorrow night, I'm off to see The National. :easy:

And preceded by a whole day mucking about in London. :drink2:

Floyd are legends.
Tom Stoppard is a legend.
This, therefore is quite interesting...:

Back