• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Thanks for making me feel ancient. Bastard.

I still love that album.

The B-Sides from WTSMG are $#@!ing awesome. In fact, the B-Sides to Roll With It are MILES better than the A-Side! Rockin' Chair in particular.

I'm older than I wish to be may have been a better reponse then.

Album - WTSMG
Track - Slide Away
B Side - Rockin Chair
Single - Never been able to decide
Cover - Come on feel the noise.

Another good one.

I also have a soft spot for D'yer Wanna Be a Spaceman. Shakermaker was the 1st Oasis single I bought and I immediately loved that B-side.

Same here. I saw them perform Shakermaker at the Institute in Birmingham when they were supporting St Etienne. It wasn't until I heard it on the radio going into work one morning and remembered the similarity to "I'd like to teach the world to sing" that I realised that I had seen them play and decided to find out a bit more about them. I had all the singles up until Stop Crying your Heart Out, and a couple of export releases (Whats the Story and Champagne Supernova) before I decided to knock the collecting of them on the head.

I bought Supersonic on single the day it came out. Get me. Obviously I had no idea they'd become as big as they did, but I heard it on the radio on the Sunday night (the top 40 show - the bit when they did 'and here are the new releases next week...') and thought 'I like that - I'll buy it' so I went into Our Price in Stourbridge (sob - I miss that place) on the following Monday and bought it.

I'd recommend Noel Gallagher - The Dreams We Had As Children if you can find it. An excellent live solo album - Weller plays on a few tracks. And a huge bonus is that it's a live show without his penis of a brother.

Was that the one he did with a full blown orchestra?

I recall my brothers mates in Holland telling me that they went to see them play in Rotterdam and they had the bonus of Liam storming off the stage in one his tantrums and Noel having to do the rest of the gig on his own.

Go Let It Out is the last decent song they did IMO.

Was that the one he did with a full blown orchestra?

I recall my brothers mates in Holland telling me that they went to see them play in Rotterdam and they had the bonus of Liam storming off the stage in one his tantrums and Noel having to do the rest of the gig on his own.

That's the one. It's excellent. Especially the slower version of Wonderwall.

I used to adore Oasis - although they're nowhere near my favourite bands any more, I do still like them a lot. But I have always hated Liam Gallagher. Great voice on record, complete prick of a human being. And he wrote Little James.

That's the one. It's excellent. Especially the slower version of Wonderwall.

I used to adore Oasis - although they're nowhere near my favourite bands any more, I do still like them a lot. But I have always hated Liam Gallagher. Great voice on record, complete prick of a human being. And he wrote Little James.

I'm sure it was either shown on the box and I recorded it or I had a video with it on. Either way I haven't got a video anymore. Agree about Liam as a human being but he was a great front man, decent voice and had an ability to keep them in the headlines.

I'm sure it was either shown on the box and I recorded it or I had a video with it on. Either way I haven't got a video anymore. Agree about Liam as a human being but he was a great front man, decent voice and had an ability to keep them in the headlines.

He WAS a great front man until around the time of SOTSOG, but then he became a self-parody. I did always enjoy his vocals on the albums though.

As for keeping them in the headlines, that never impressed me TBH - all I cared about was the music. He's just a twat.

I saw them at the Ricoh in 2009 and he was still fucking good live.

He is a penis, but then so is Leigh Griffiths and I don't mind celebrating his goals.

Definitely Maybe - Up In The Sky, Columbia, Slide Away
WTSMG - Generally overplayed all the way through - Some Might Say & the title track are the only real contenders there for me. Sure I listened to it a lot at the time, but most of it has not aged well. Roll with it is dire, as is don't look back...
BHN - D'you know what I mean & Fade in/out & again the title track. A concept album that lost the concept.
SOTSOG - Gas Panic is ace. Sunday Morning Call & Where did it all go wrong are ok.
Heathen Chemistry - by this time, they'd become such a self parody I honestly never bothered to listen to it!
Ditto for the album after.
Did think shock of the lightening was ok though.

For me, they never did an album where 50% plus of the album was good. Always too much filler. The album I have probably listened to the most is masterplan (mainly for Acquiesce, talk tonight, but why was round are way missed off it?)

i know. and that's the least of it. just check out what's been coming up here

http://www.atpfestival.com/events.php

shellac (steve albini ffs), dismemberment plan, slint, loop, superchunk, gy!be, wooden shjips, ty segall, neu, mogwai..... incredible stuff. all pretty much in london or at the ATP festival

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8NaWT0WvEE

i know. and that's the least of it. just check out what's been coming up here

http://www.atpfestival.com/events.php

shellac (steve albini ffs), dismemberment plan, slint, loop, superchunk, gy!be, wooden shjips, ty segall, neu, mogwai..... incredible stuff. all pretty much in london or at the ATP festival

Wish I had more money...

That Numan track is mental.
Liked the sound of that Daniel Avery track.

Wish I had more money...

That Numan track is mental.
Liked the sound of that Daniel Avery track.

more money, time, no work and permission from the missus. if I was gonna do one of them I'm struggling to choose. whilst I love spiderland I didn't bother in 2007 when they played the album cos they'd had mixed reviews of it. to me it's an album for a dark room on your own and i'm sure people went just to say they 'd seen them. Seeing Albini or dismemberment plan would be higher on my list, probably.

I thought you'd like that Avery track. as someone on the link has commented there's more than a touch of rez in there, in a v good way too.

more money, time, no work and permission from the missus. if I was gonna do one of them I'm struggling to choose. whilst I love spiderland I didn't bother in 2007 when they played the album cos they'd had mixed reviews of it. to me it's an album for a dark room on your own and i'm sure people went just to say they 'd seen them. Seeing Albini or dismemberment plan would be higher on my list, probably.

I thought you'd like that Avery track. as someone on the link has commented there's more than a touch of rez in there, in a v good way too.

Well, I've just bought Slint tickets pretty much just to say I've seen them. I don't know many people who'd actually be interested, but I'll tell them anyway.

Well, I've just bought Slint tickets pretty much just to say I've seen them. I don't know many people who'd actually be interested, but I'll tell them anyway.

lol, you should tell them. i've got a mate who wants to see loop in bristol 2nd dec (monday), a mate who wants to see shellac which is possible 26, 27, 28 Nov (tues-thurs) and slint play 28 nov in manch or 3rd dec in london. technically i could do them all, if i was retired or a student. something's gotta give. should have just gone to ATP and seen them all there i guess

lol, you should tell them. i've got a mate who wants to see loop in bristol 2nd dec (monday), a mate who wants to see shellac which is possible 26, 27, 28 Nov (tues-thurs) and slint play 28 nov in manch or 3rd dec in london. technically i could do them all, if i was retired or a student. something's gotta give. should have just gone to ATP and seen them all there i guess

I've bought two tickets on the assumption that one of my few remaining gig-going mates will want to come along. I could ask the missus but I think she's done her duty for this year by accompanying me to Mogwai. In the extemely like event that no-one wants to join me, you're very welcome to the ticket.

Back