• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Elbow have announced tour dates for next year

April 05 Birmingham LG Arena
April 06 Glasgow The Hydro
April 08 Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
April 09 Manchester Phones 4 U Arena
April 11 Leeds First Direct Arena
April 12 Liverpool Echo Arena
April 14 Nottingham Capital FM Arena
April 16 London The O2

Went CD shopping today after I noticed a lot I have lent out over the years I'm yet to receive back.

Lou Reed - Transformer
Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell
Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum
Shed Seven - Going For Gold
MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
Massive Attack - No Protection
The Verve - Urban Hymns
Gorillaz - Gorillaz
Ian Brown - The Greatest

£20!! lovely.

I also have duplicates of some Oasis, Coldplay, U2, Chilli Peppers and Green Day albums which are free to a good home. Nothing wrong with them but myself and Kelly have bought it at some point before we were together.

Let me know if you're interested.

18 years today since (What's the Story) Morning Glory? was released.

For anyone who wants any of these, list in full is

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By The Way
Green Day - American Idiot
Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head, X and Y, Parachutes
Moby - Play
Oasis -Definitely Maybe
U2 - How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, Best of 1980-1990 (so their best of really!)

For anyone who wants any of these, list in full is

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By The Way
Green Day - American Idiot
Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head, X and Y, Parachutes
Moby - Play
Oasis -Definitely Maybe
U2 - How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, Best of 1980-1990 (so their best of really!)

I was going to PM you about these - but I own every single one of them! :icon_lol:

Impeccable tastes, Stu...

Thanks for making me feel ancient. Bastard.

I still love that album.

Massively downhill from Definitely Maybe IMO! Never beat Slide Away and putting the awful Roll With It on WTSMG as opposed to the magnificent Acquiesce says so much

Massively downhill from Definitely Maybe IMO! Never beat Slide Away and putting the awful Roll With It on WTSMG as opposed to the magnificent Acquiesce says so much

I think Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger suffer from overplay and over-familiarity - they're both quality songs in their own right.

I actually prefer Heathen Chemistry to WTSMG.

The B-Sides from WTSMG are fucking awesome. In fact, the B-Sides to Roll With It are MILES better than the A-Side! Rockin' Chair in particular.

I preferred WTSMG to Definitely Maybe when it first came out, but over time I much prefer DM. They haven't done anything close to those two albums since, with the exception of one of two tracks (for example, I maintain that The Importance of Being Idle is tremendous).

Coldplay aside I agree - I don't know what was wrong with me!

Nowt wrong with Coldplay. I love them.

I think Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger suffer from overplay and over-familiarity - they're both quality songs in their own right.

Some good tracks on Heathen Chemistry actually. The Hindu Times is top.

They are indeed - two of the first songs I ever learnt to play, properly, all parts.
Made me realise how mediocre Noel is :)

The B-Sides from WTSMG are fucking awesome. In fact, the B-Sides to Roll With It are MILES better than the A-Side! Rockin' Chair in particular.

I preferred WTSMG to Definitely Maybe when it first came out, but over time I much prefer DM. They haven't done anything close to those two albums since, with the exception of one of two tracks (for example, I maintain that The Importance of Being Idle is tremendous).

Nowt wrong with Coldplay. I love them.

Coldplay have never bettered Shiver IMO. Oasis never beat Slide Away.

I wouldn't put Slide Away in my top 10 Oasis songs to be honest. It's good but it's never been one of my favourites.

Langers I agree about Rockin' Chair - it's a great song, but nearly all of the B-Sides from that album are better than the album tracks (I hate The Masterplan though, I know a lot of people think it's one of their best tracks but I cannot stand it).

For me, WTSMG sounds a bit dated now - I loved it at the time but have no desire to ever listen to it again. Definitely Maybe I will always love and I actually think Be Here Now is a much better album than is given credit for - I would certainly listen to it over WTSMG. All the albums after that are a bit 'meh'. They have some good songs on them but plenty of filler too. Heathen Chemistry is the best of the latter bunch.

I actually think Be Here Now is a much better album than is given credit for - I would certainly listen to it over WTSMG.

It's bloated and over-produced but much better than the reception it got at the time. I agree it's stood the test of time better than WTSMG.

This would have been a better 2nd album:

Whatever
Acquiesce
It's Better People
Rockin' Chair
(It s Good) To Be Free
Talk Tonight
Half The World Away
Round Are Way
The Masterplan
Cum On Feel The Noize

All the above are ace.