• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I've bought two tickets on the assumption that one of my few remaining gig-going mates will want to come along. I could ask the missus but I think she's done her duty for this year by accompanying me to Mogwai. In the extemely like event that no-one wants to join me, you're very welcome to the ticket.

cheers. where are you seeing them? I'll probably have to decide what i'm doing pretty soon anyway in order to book the time.

ATP also just announced the reformed neutral milk hotel playing dates in Manchester and London next May. altogether now.... two headed boy, all floating in glass, the sun it has passed, now it's blacker than black, i can hear as you tap on your jar..

cheers. where are you seeing them? I'll probably have to decide what i'm doing pretty soon anyway in order to book the time.

ATP also just announced the reformed neutral milk hotel playing dates in Manchester and London next May. altogether now.... two headed boy, all floating in glass, the sun it has passed, now it's blacker than black, i can hear as you tap on your jar..

It's London for me.

Floor Jansen confirmed as the new singer for Nightwish. w00t!

Is this one of the quizes where you get a jumble of words and have to make a coherent sentence out of them ? :)

Is this one of the quizes where you get a jumble of words and have to make a coherent sentence out of them ? :)

lol, i think so. some of the lyrics are just fantastic and guaranteed to make you laugh with some occasionally rude & perverse references, but then jeff mangum is from louisiana, which probably explains a lot. those May gigs by the way sold out in two days. they've added two more dates, again in manchester and london. legends! i haven't applied for anything yet.

The chvrches album is the complete bomb for female fronted pop. Great stuff.

Sepultura play the institute in February.
Not seen em since 1994...

I haven't seen them since the Arise tour at Nottingham Rock City. Quality gig that was. Properly violent mosh-pit as well.

Donington was my experience.
Biohazard were there too. & Pantera. Pretty heavy year that one (extreme aside....)

Oh yeah - saw them there as well....

Biohazard were great until they got the plug pulled. Was that when Slayer were on just before Extreme and the teenage knicker-wetters ran down the front to be near their idols and ran straight into the Slayer hordes?

That was the one.
Never seen (before or since) so many bottles of piss flying about.
Therapy were pretty good (in their prime then imo, though how they achieved the special guests slot a year later still confuses me).

The chvrches album is the complete bomb for female fronted pop. Great stuff.
Just been having a listen to these and I honestly find the songs quite dull. I much prefer Haim's album. Much catchier.

Halestorm are releasing an EP of various cover songs. Their cover of "Get Lucky" and "Gold Dust Women" are probably the highlight.

Streams here

Mogwai have finished recording & are mixing their new album. whoop!
Allegedly they'll issue the long awaited deluxe edition of CODY in the new year too....

CODY will be chemikal underground, so early next year could be june....

edit - as long as it has hugh dallas on it, I'll be pretty pleased.
The deluxe of young team was an awesome release.

Floor Jansen is the new Nightwish lead vocalist.She's Dutch and speaks/sings English alot better than the previous ladies.Former bands of note are After Forever,Star One,Ayreon (guest vocalist I suppose,Lucassen uses a wide variety of singers on his albums) and ReVamp.

She also sang on Devin Townsend Project's song "Pandemic" according to wiki.

Back