• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Floor Jansen is the new Nightwish lead vocalist.She's Dutch and speaks/sings English alot better than the previous ladies.Former bands of note are After Forever,Star One,Ayreon (guest vocalist I suppose,Lucassen uses a wide variety of singers on his albums) and ReVamp.

She also sang on Devin Townsend Project's song "Pandemic" according to wiki.

Not unexpected really. Well known to Tuomas and friends for years and a step back to the Tarja era for those fans who never really took to Anette Olzon's vocals or the gear grinding process of auditioning singers.

Recently I find Eliza Doolittle :Wub2: always seems to cheer me up if I'm not feeling 100%.

Eivind Rølles (54) just died,he was part of a successful Norwegian duo back in the 80s called The Monroes.Looks a bit dated and embarrassing today but I thought I'd post two of their biggest hits anyway.Sleep well Eivind.

Sunday People,clearly inspired by one of my favourite bands back then,Madness:

Cheerio Eivind:

Yesterday,7 months after Rølles died his Monroes duo partner Lage Fosheim died.Both cancer.

Never been a fan of Monroes but I did like 'Cheerio' back in the day.Rest in peace fellas.

I did. And wished I hadn't. What an absolute fucking racket !

Although to be honest, I doubt we listen to the same stuff.

I pledged for the new son of dave album. I think the release date is 2 weeks away, but have been sent the new album as a pledger.

OMFG can't wait til I get to have a good listen.
I am so stoked about his gig on 7 November.

Arcade Fire's new album has been leaked ahead of it's release on Monday.

There was me thinking you'd be using it as an excuse to visit manchester again....

I wish mate. It's never easy at that time of year - we had tickets to see them up there earlier in the year, were all packed and ready to go only for my daughter's nursery to call and say she needed a trip to hospital as she was wheezy. :(

So we couldn't go. Daughter was fine after we'd been in A&E for several hours.

Headliners for next year's Bloodstock have been announced!

Friday: Down
Saturday: Emperor
Sunday: Megadeth

Other acts confirmed so far are Flotsam & Jetsam, Saxon and Decapitated.

Metal Hammer article
BOA Website

Arcade Fire's new album has been leaked ahead of it's release on Monday.
Supposedly playing a few secret gigs as an 'The Reflektors', but it's not very secret if it's all over the net!

Back