• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Do you want to be streaming your music from the cloud or just from your phone in a car friendly app?

From the cloud, Machin. So something equal to Spotify, Last.fm, Deezer etc.

Thanks for that article - informative read. I've decided to give Spotify a go for 30 days, seems it's impossible to get any streaming service to your phone for less than £9.99 unless iOS release an improved Google Music app between now and the 15th September.

I have actually got a Nexus 7 so that could be an idea too! I do have my library uploaded to Google Music but the iOS apps really are beyond awful.

If only I lived in America. Death Cab For Cutie are playing their Transatlanticism album in full at this weekends Bumbershoot Festival to celebrate it's 10th Anniversary. Not only is it one of my favourite albums of all time, the festival is in Portland, Oregon which is somewhere I'm dying to visit!

I have a mental orgasm every time I hear this song! :)

I used to be a massive Mercyful Fate fan and then I got into King Diamond when he went solo. I have Abigail and Them in my collection.

Abigail is a great, great album.

Having said that, nothing in King's solo career comes close to the magnificence of Melissa and Don't Break the Oath. Fate were amazing.

Sigur Ros are streaming their itunes show through their website tonight I believe.

The new Arctic Monkeys album has leaked. Will be interesting to see what it sounds like.

Getting ready to go see Fuck Buttons tonight.

It's been a quiet summer. Glad to have a few gigs coming up across thi & the next 2 months.

It's been a quiet summer. Glad to have a few gigs coming up across thi & the next 2 months.

Whatever happened to bands naming themselves things like ' Adam & The Ants' !!

PPB, there is a thread with some great examples of band names somewhere.
If only I could properly use the search function...

Well that was a bit of a disappointment.
Latest album is self produced, & there show reminded me much of my feelings on the album. Too drawn out. A producer on their album might have shook em up a bit & done away with some of the elongated self indulgence. Sadly, it transferred to their live show.

Oh, & 8 tunes? At £17.50, that's more fucking expensive than itunes!

The Mercury Music Prize nominations have been announced:

Arctic Monkeys - AM
David Bowie - The Next Day
Disclosure - Settle
Foals - Holy Fire
Jake Bugg - Jake Bugg
James Blake - Overgrown
Jon Hopkins - Immunity
Laura Marling - Once I Was An Eagle
Laura Mvula - Sing to the Moon
Rudimental - Home
Savages - Silence Yourself
Villagers - Awayland

One of those rare years when I've heard a few of these! Savages are really good and well worth a listen, Bowie's album is okay, I quite like the Arctic Monkeys' new record, James Blake and Jake Bugg's albums are both worthy of being nominated, Villagers are ace but personally I hope Laura Marling wins it. Once I Was An Eagle is a beautiful record and she's due to win this bloody thing for a change!

In more important news, Son of Daves new album will appear on 4 November! :breakdance:

Form an orderly queue! James Blunt announces date at wolves civic.

lets allow langers to get his ticket fust, eh....:smarmy:

*awaits ban*

Back