• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Maybe Paddy will know?

Anyway, Beholder should be just finishing now and Dying Fetus are on at 1155.

Got it wrong:
Monsters-Of-Rock-1981.jpg

Accept were there in 1984, with AC/DC & Van Halen.

Cool. They did seem like an "experienced" band.

Beholder should be just finishing now and Dying Fetus are on at 1155.

Got it wrong, Stormbringer opened the stage and Beholder are on now.

Hell is on now. Hoping I'm going to be online for Gojira :)

The Orb will be playing the little civic in October. Think I might go and check out some electronic noodling.
Prong are also playing - brings back a few memories!

Oh, & for machin, the fratellis are also playing the civic or wulfrun.

No way, might have to check out the Orb, never got to see them the first time round

The Fuck Buttons newie arrived the other day. I've given half of it a listen & have to say I was underwhelmed. It was early in the morning & I was tired though. I'll need to give it another listen.

i'd seen it had mixed reviews so hadn't ordered it myself. the reviews weren't bad, more average i guess. be interested in what you think.

Right. Had a couple of better listens.
Think the first time I listened I was very tired & it grated a bit. Having given it a few more goes, it has grown on me a bit.
Not awesome - as said earlier, it ain't no Tarot Sport. That said, the middle and later parts of the album are pretty good.
very slow starter though - the first track for me is a bit of a waste. A few tracks build quite nicely, but then fail to go anywhere or do anything. A shame, as they build some great potential, but then kinda lose their way.
In other words, it's ok. No more. A fairly average 6/10.
I suspect I expected a bit more from it.

a bit disappointing that lemon. it's not selling it to me.

my tickets for sigur at jodrell arrived yesterday! couple of weeks but don't know who the support is yet. still makes me want to sing something out loud.

this is always good

of course you have never been to blame for the various horrible things that you did!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjaWJ74GkXA

Son of dave is playing the hare and hounds in november.

Funkbluestastic

I think Tunng are playing there next month. Luke Jackson played there a few weeks back too.

Decent little venue. Very friendly & relaxed. Good for intimate shows.
Saw Son of Dave on his last tour there, & he was superb. Place was rocking.
Seen a few others there too - Dreadzone were ok, Crazy P made music for a lot of people who couldn't dance/had no rhythm.

Have to admit never heard of Son of Dave before. Will give him a listen.

My £2 coin jar has coughed, so I thought I'd order and pre-order a few treats.
On the way I have Elbow (Build a rocket...), NIN's Hesitation Marks (in a week), a newie from Jamie Catto, and as a special treat, Marvin Gaye's What's Going' On.

I would have pre-ordered the Chvrches album for later this month, & Son of Daves new single (both out 23 Sept) but could find the versions I wanted. I'll pre-order in a couple of weeks as I'm really looking forward to both.
I'm also quite looking forward to the Ultraista album due out 1st week in October.

Perhaps not the best to ask this, but regardless...

I'm on the lookout for a decent and free (two things that usually don't go together) music streaming programme for my iPhone that I can then play through my car radio - something similar to the Nokia Radio you can get on Windows Phones. At the moment I'm strongly considering just signing up for a Last.fm subscription for £3 a month as you can customise the music that goes on "My Radio" and, let's face it, radio stations suck. I have my music uploaded to Google Music but the apps for iPhone are beyond awful. Spotify is out of the question as well as I think that's a lot more a month than £3.

Any techno boffins out there with suggestions? Or is it impossible to get something without paying for it? (as is usually the case...)

Back