• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

We were just talking about that song. Fucking awful. That and the "Big when I'm little, like Malcolm in the middle, I'm big when I'm little" are the two worst songs of the year.

I see the manics have announced a tour.

Also, as I am aware there are a few posters with no taste whatsoever, alice in chains are touring too.

And Travis & Primal Scream have tickets going on sale tomorrow.

Worked from home today and wired up the laptop in the garden and had Show of Hands on the stereo through the doors.

The neighbour came out to do some gardening and I apologised profusely saying I'd turn the music off but he told me to turn it up as he hasn't got SOH's latest album!! Then I put a 'classic' SOH album on (Country Life FWIW) and we were both singing along every so often.

Music is ace.

Worked from home today and wired up the laptop in the garden and had Show of Hands on the stereo through the doors.

The neighbour came out to do some gardening and I apologised profusely saying I'd turn the music off but he told me to turn it up as he hasn't got SOH's latest album!! Then I put a 'classic' SOH album on (Country Life FWIW) and we were both singing along every so often.

Music is ace.

Oh dear,befriending your neighbour is risky mate.Guess I have to check out Show of Hands as I've never even seen/heard the name before.

We've spoken many times but had no idea we both liked SoH.

They're a folk band by the way - you might not appreciate them!

I like lots of different music types. I'll let you know if I appreciate them. :)

Not listened to any of their stuff before but will fire up Spotify. I notice they are on tour later in the year that takes in Wolverhampton.

Last edited:
I did,I liked it.Picked the first I saw,Arrogance,Ignorance and Greed.

Pleased you like it! AIG is a fairly recent one, their best album in recent times is probably Witness - if you like their sound, try and have a listen to the following tracks:

Roots
The Dive
Undertow
Haul Away Joe

Arcade Fire's new album released the end of October:)

Rumoured to be headlining Glastonbury next year

Can't wait for that to come out.

Not sure about Glasto though - they've only played there once before and hated it apparently.

IIRC Kenny (& poss langers?) is a fan/are fans.
duckworth lewis method play the glee club in brum in september.

Tomorrowland is streaming on YouTube. Obscene dance festival that I'd love to go to.

Back