• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Just spotted that an new album from The Duckworth Lewis Method is out (Langers will love it, a whole album with cricket related songs). Time to give Neil Hannon & Thomas Walsh's latest tunes a try....

Just spotted that an new album from The Duckworth Lewis Method is out (Langers will love it, a whole album with cricket related songs). Time to give Neil Hannon & Thomas Walsh's latest tunes a try....

Would be interested to hear what you think of it. They previewed some songs from the album on the radio here the other night, still the same quirky lyrics and subject matter, but the songs seem to be missing a hook. I remember thinking in one of them that it needed that classic Neil Hannon schmaltzy key change to spice up the tune, but it never came and the song was bland.

Would be interested to hear what you think of it. They previewed some songs from the album on the radio here the other night, still the same quirky lyrics and subject matter, but the songs seem to be missing a hook. I remember thinking in one of them that it needed that classic Neil Hannon schmaltzy key change to spice up the tune, but it never came and the song was bland.

Early impressions are it isn't a patch on the debut album. Will give it a few more listens and see if it clicks but after listen one this - "still the same quirky lyrics and subject matter, but the songs seem to be missing a hook" is pretty much spot on.

Late on parade here so apologies.

I am a Megadeth fan. Love the studio stuff. However, I have seen them live four times and am yet to leave a gig thinking "fucking hell that was amazing". In the eleven times I have seen Slayer I have never failed to think that. Megadeth are just "meh" live. I don't think Mustaine particularly enjoys it, and it shows.

Did you see Mustaine and Lars's meeting on Some Kind of Monster? Priceless!

That video is priceless.
The scene where lars realises the whole crew have gone to newsteads new band's first gig without telling anyone, & seeing him realise everyone kept it a secret is hilarious!

I'm with you LJ. Never got Megadeth. I think it was DM's whiny voice.
But then I never really liked Metallica that much either and Hetfield's voice isn't whiny at all.

Slayer, Anthrax or Venom for me.

Puppets is superb. Metallica fell off a cliff in the post black album overblown media focus & have never recovered.

Saw slayer with machine head as support at the civic. great gig.
Anthrax I like, but my favourite album is Sound of White Noise with John Bush. Again, saw them at the Civic & they were amazing - much better live than with belladonna.
Venom never quite did it for me.

Anyone a fan of Trouble? Great deep riffing stuff!

reading-leeds-festival-header-july2013.jpg

Meh.

I'm tempted to go to Reading as I've done Leeds twice before.

See what happens when I start my new job in two weeks.

Just bought tickets to the Public Service Broadcasting gig this november at brum institute.
Noticed Steve Mason will be there on 5 November!

Phoenix deserve to be on the main stage IMO.

Just seen that Chvrches debut album will be out in september. That & NIN on the same day I think...

Why do Chase & Status feel the need to put "Live" at the end of their name on the bill?

Sub focus is the same too.

Might be because they do a lot of DJ sets as well?

Radio 2 keep playing that bloody Walks Like Rhianna song.

I don't get it. Why is walking like Rhianna a good thing?

Back