• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I actually can't wait for Foals new album. The two songs they played on Jools Holland this week "Inhaler" and "My Number" are both sublime.

Just back from Martyn Joseph's gig at Worcester. MJ did a cracking set as usual, but I came away with a new name to recommend - his support act, an 18-year old lad called Luke Jackson. An absolutely incredible talent - he played a half an hour warm up set mainly consisting of songs from his new album 'More Than Boys'.

He's got a brilliant voice and is an exceptional guitarist - thought he was absolutely brilliant.

Anyway, keep an eye out for him. Here's the duet he does with Martyn Joseph (I didn't film this by the way!!)

And after all that excitement, off to see Show of Hands at Birmingham Town Hall tonight.

Trip to real ale outlets first (NOT the sodding German Market) then a meal in an ace Thai restaurant.

Can't wait til 5pm!!

just trying to do a 2012 cd of the year for a few mates for xmas and i'm struggling more than usual to get everything i wanted on there. in some cases i'm having to pick less desirable songs from certain artists. i think i've overindulged on music this year which normally happens when we're doing particularly shite.

The Specials will be touring again next May.
Tickets on sale friday...

My mate and I have decided to do compilation CD challenges. He did a CD for me last week and put some great stuff I'd never heard before so its a good way of hearing new stuff. The rules:

An agreed theme
Must consist of 9 tracks - no more, no less
Abba are not allowed
Deadline to be mutually agreed

First compilation: Winter. Got some decent songs for that.

Indeed - still have my old mix tapes - volumes I through to XXXIV!

Much better to just stick it into a playlist on iTunes.

My Winter playlist will include tracks by:

The Bees
Doves
Show of Hands
Queen
Simon and Garfunkel
Imagined Village
Bon Iver

Back