• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

In maiden related news, they're releasing their first few albums (up to 7th son - all you need imo) on limited edition picture discs.
I'm having an internal debate as to whether to get them. They look nice & all. However, the first 2 were released with a limited edition box which sold out insantly (currently going on amazon for £250!!!) & the appeal is less without the box. I never bothered with the remastered cd's, so am not sure whether it is worth spending £20+ a pop on records I already own...

I'll give them a go mate. Won't be hard to get a copy of them.

Hello there!:rock:

I think this sometimes. I'm sure there are hundreds of overlaps. There stuff you've posted I've known, already own, never heard of, & abhor. & I'm sure it's the same vice versa! I was overjoyed when you posted about Young Team being an awesome album & we were both going to their gig...
I am a little worried about the sheer number of gigs Lupine & I have both been to. Starting to wonder if I'm schizophrenic & he's my alternate log on...

abhor? sacrilege surely.

you and lupine should get on last.fm. you can post all your gig history there. there was someone on there with a wolves badge as an avatar who's been to some gigs i've been to.

I own Number of the Beast as of last week, so I've gone some way to rectify that! Just hadn't gotten around to listening to it. My mate leant me his copy after reacting in a similar way to you when I told him I hadn't heard it yet!!

And I don't know what I'm on about with Back In Black - it's in my iTunes collection, I just haven't heard it much.

I cannot even begin to express how utterly, profoundly disgusted I am at this point. For shame, Langers, for shame....

I'm sorry to disagree with you kids, but I find Maiden to be metals version of UB40, Its the same song over and over again !

Langers, do yourself a favour, buy a copy of UFO, Strangers In The Night,

Rime of the Ancient Mariner and The Trooper are almost identical. For sure.

I admit their last few albums have been samey, but the first seven were certainly not.

Steve Harris only knows one bassline, I'm sure :)

Went to see the amazing Spiritualized last night at Warwick Arts centre.
Touring to support their latest opus - Sweet Heart, Sweet Light. IMO it is the best album since LAGWIFAS.

LAGWIFAS was the first tour I saw them on, & they were amazing! Never seen a band so on the button, well rehearsed, & timing wise they were epic. Seen them 3-4 times since, & they never quite hit the same high - generally good, but there were sections of the gigs I didn't quite get into as intensely. The same could be said of the albums (eg Let it come down has moments of epic-ness, but also what imo could be called a bit of filler).

In the run up to the gig, I looked at a couple of forums etc & saw fans being concerned that the setlist was mainly the new album.

Having gone to the gig, I have to say the album sounds amazing live, in the same way that LAGWIFAS did. The gig was superb. Sound was spot on, & the band were on form.

The set list was:
Hey Jane
Electricity
Get what you deserve
Little Girl
Too late
Heading for the top
Freedom
I am what I am
Mary
Life is a problem
So long
'A' Song
Perfect Miracle
Take Your Time
Electric Mainline
-----
Come Down Easy
Smiles

(I think...)
The new album works really well live. Plus, I can hardly blame J Spaceman mixing up his live repertoire. After all, not long ago they were doing LAGWIFAS in full, & surely they/he must want some variety in what he plays.

Anyways. Fucking superb.

Crowd was a bit minimal - disappointed in the turn out to be honest.

I'm off to dig out the live at the albert hall album...

Been getting into electronica this last week. Not sure I know the genres well enough to mention what I like... Any of you into it? Would love any recommendations. I prefer the more background/ambient/relaxing tracks, or anything cool sounding that isn't hardcore. Most of what I come across seems to be some form of dubstep. Thought trance would've been what I was looking for but found most of it boring.

(lyrics nsfw)

Off the top of my head, & alluding to some mentions elsewhere:

Underworld (dubnobasswithmyheadman, or live everything everything)
Leftfield - leftism (no-one should not own this album)
Lemon Jelly - anything
Monkey Mafia - Shoot The Boss
Death In Vegas - the contino sessions
Chemical Brothers - don't think

Mix albums - try northern exposure 1 by sasha & digweed

Bit of genre swapping electronica.

watch

It takes until 1:30 to properly kick in.

KINGS OF LEON 2013 UK DATES:

Wednesday 12th June London O2 Arena
Thursday 13th June London O2 Arena
Monday 24th June Manchester Arena
Tuesday 25th June Manchester Arena
Tuesday 9th July Birmingham LG Arena
Wednesday 10th July Birmingham LG Arena

KINGS OF LEON 2013 UK DATES:

Wednesday 12th June London O2 Arena
Thursday 13th June London O2 Arena
Monday 24th June Manchester Arena
Tuesday 25th June Manchester Arena