• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I have 2 busy months coming up.
November sees Spiritualized, Cartoon classics at symphony hall, & Alan Davies.
December brings another classical concert at symphony hall, jack dee, little angels, & madness...

Gig wise has been a very quite one for me this year and looking at the calendar I've only got a couple of small ones coming up until the end of 2012.

I am at the Embassy theatre in Skegness. The good lady and myself will be seeing Foster and Allen very shortly. We are really looking forward to it.

Last night was the night of the Killers...........wasn't quite sure what to expect so was pleasantly surprised by the gig. Plenty of energy from Mr Brandon and he certainly gave it everything.

Although the highlight was the bloke stood in front of me. He was either having a fit or dancing to the music from another gig. He was ace

I am delighted to report that Foster and Allen were as good as ever. A great show.

Last night was the night of the Killers...........wasn't quite sure what to expect so was pleasantly surprised by the gig. Plenty of energy from Mr Brandon and he certainly gave it everything.

Although the highlight was the bloke stood in front of me. He was either having a fit or dancing to the music from another gig. He was ace

You always find a couple of clowns like that at a gig, when i went to see Twin Atlantic at Wolverhampton Civic just before Christmas there was a guy who looked a bit like Billy Connolly with a teenage lad who i'm presuming was his son, the older guy looked like he was doing a highland jig all night long but his feet never actually left the ground, very odd. Was pretty funny using him as a reference point when trying to locate other friends who had gone because he was pretty tall so stood out a lot when combined with the jigging about, also funny to see how far his son tried to drift away from him as the night went on.

Just remembered i'm going to see them again in 2 days time, shame it's at the shitting O2 academy, hate that place.

You always find a couple of clowns like that at a gig, when i went to see Twin Atlantic at Wolverhampton Civic just before Christmas there was a guy who looked a bit like Billy Connolly with a teenage lad who i'm presuming was his son, the older guy looked like he was doing a highland jig all night long but his feet never actually left the ground, very odd. Was pretty funny using him as a reference point when trying to locate other friends who had gone because he was pretty tall so stood out a lot when combined with the jigging about, also funny to see how far his son tried to drift away from him as the night went on.

Just remembered i'm going to see them again in 2 days time, shame it's at the shitting O2 academy, hate that place.

You could always throw a shoe at them - I'm sure such a gesture would go down just fine with other members of the audience.

Just remembered i'm going to see them again in 2 days time, shame it's at the $#@!ting O2 academy, hate that place.

You're going to see the father and son again? Cool. ;)

If it's the one in birmingham, then it is simply the worst venue I have ever been to for a gig.
I will never set foot in that place again, unless it is a freebie. Any band I want to see, I'll travel. James played there 2 years ago. I bought tickets for de Montford hall leicester instead.

Complete dive. Badly thought out. Badly laid out (for gig-goers at least), terrible sight lines. Awful.

Not a fan of the 02 venues at all. Like said above it puts me off going to gigs. Plus the price of the watered down beer is extortionate.

Academy is not so bad if it's not the full venue. So depends on the band you're watching.

The Killers were sensational last night.

The smaller rooms upstairs aren't so bad, the balcony is better than the floor in the main room too which is where I'll be tomorrow night.

I think it's a shit place to get to as well, parking nearby isn't great, being on a dual carriageway makes the walk from a car park more awkward too.

I preferred the old Carling academy.

Sound was dire in the old academy (now re-opened as the ballroom I think?)
Sightlines were better, but it was still a poor venue.

Civic is one of the best imo.

Sound was dire in the old academy (now re-opened as the ballroom I think?)
Sightlines were better, but it was still a poor venue.

Civic is one of the best imo.

Dont get me wrong, inside it was almost as shite as the new one, at least it was more convenient though with plenty of parking close, buses and the metro just a short walk away too.

Back