• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Loving the Wellerathon on BBC Four now.

Despite that being an anti-Thatcherite rant of a song in principle, it was a best seller in Australia and New Zealand. Odd.

Also David Cameron's alleged favourite song is "The Eton Rifles". Because he went to Eton. I don't think you need any more information to know what a dick he is.

no. i don't need any more information to know what a dick he is.

He'd actually have had more credibility if he'd said "Dancing Queen" was his favourite song because he liked dancing and also liked the Queen.

Not that shameless, cringeworthy populism is confined to any one party, Blair once said he grew up watching Jackie Milburn despite him retiring before Blair was born, but I'd much rather Cameron just be who he is - an overprivileged, ill-educated twat, with no idea about what society is because he doesn't believe in it in the first place. I'd still not like him, but I'd have a bit more respect for his honesty.

Anyway, enough of my yakkin', let's boogie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEGNwMrsy30

Maybe I will. Maybe I will.

But Blur are no poor man's anything. This is perhaps my favourite song ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RKxUFMc4Fg

If you can find a decent guitar player (ie not Paddy) then I'll do it at the TWF 2012 Christmas party.

Maybe I will. Maybe I will.

But Blur are no poor man's anything. This is perhaps my favourite song ever:

If you can find a decent guitar player (ie not Paddy) then I'll do it at the TWF 2012 Christmas party.

rest assured, i'd be lucky if one man in 50 agreed with my musical opinion on anything. it's only opinion so keep listening to what you love. still, Wire are the bollocks ;)

You too man, you've put stuff on here that otherwise I wouldn't have listened to in a million years, and I've loved it. :)

I have just listened to Number of the Beast - indefensibly for the first time.

It's fucking brilliant. Superb album. Can't believe I never gave it a chance until now - just goes to show that you should always be open to new sounds!

I have just listened to Number of the Beast - indefensibly for the first time.

It's $#@!ing brilliant. Superb album. Can't believe I never gave it a chance until now - just goes to show that you should always be open to new sounds!

Had that on vinyl but somebody nicked it. You'll be forgiven if you are au fait with AC'DC 'Back in Black'

Has anyone heard alt-j's album? Thought I'd give it a listen and it's actually a very good album.

Had that on vinyl but somebody nicked it. You'll be forgiven if you are au fait with AC'DC 'Back in Black'

:facepalm:

Sorry - another one that slipped the net!

SOMEONE BAN LANGERS!!!!!!

Seriously. You've never listened to Number of the Beast (Piece of mind is better, or better still, Live After Death!) or Back In Black???

Oh Man! :facepalm:

Paddy will disown you.

As penance, listen to the above maiden albums, & also lots of AC/DC, especially If you want Blood, Highway to Hell & Back In Black...

SOMEONE BAN LANGERS!!!!!!

Seriously. You've never listened to Number of the Beast (Piece of mind is better, or better still, Live After Death!) or Back In Black???

Oh Man! :facepalm:

Paddy will disown you.

As penance, listen to the above maiden albums, & also lots of AC/DC, especially If you want Blood, Highway to Hell & Back In Black...

I own Number of the Beast as of last week, so I've gone some way to rectify that! Just hadn't gotten around to listening to it. My mate leant me his copy after reacting in a similar way to you when I told him I hadn't heard it yet!!

And I don't know what I'm on about with Back In Black - it's in my iTunes collection, I just haven't heard it much.

rest assured, i'd be lucky if one man in 50 agreed with my musical opinion on anything. it's only opinion so keep listening to what you love. still, Wire are the bollocks ;)

Hello there!:rock:

I think this sometimes. I'm sure there are hundreds of overlaps. There stuff you've posted I've known, already own, never heard of, & abhor. & I'm sure it's the same vice versa! I was overjoyed when you posted about Young Team being an awesome album & we were both going to their gig...
I am a little worried about the sheer number of gigs Lupine & I have both been to. Starting to wonder if I'm schizophrenic & he's my alternate log on...

I own Number of the Beast as of last week, so I've gone some way to rectify that! Just hadn't gotten around to listening to it. My mate leant me his copy after reacting in a similar way to you when I told him I hadn't heard it yet!!

And I don't know what I'm on about with Back In Black - it's in my iTunes collection, I just haven't heard it much.

You really, really need to listen to the albums I've listed. I can't believe you've never.
In a way, I envy you having the chance to listen to them for the first time - I know the good stuff that is to come for you...

Seriously, put the 4 albums I've suggested on. All awesome stuff. Live After Death is still my barometer for measuring the quality of any live album.

Back