• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

http://www.frankmontag.com/

My contribution:

scguitar_editor.png

Sigur Ros have announced a gig at the Civic in March 2013.

Their first album was superb, great live band too - enjoy Everything Everything's new single "Cough Cough".

HOW HAS PADDY NOT DISCOVERED THIS?

It would seem heavy/power metal is not on the radar in the Black Country...when it comes to Paddy he's probably busy finding a pink tux. :)

That's what I choose to think anyway. :camera:

Sigur Ros have announced a gig at the Civic in March 2013.

Got an email about this a few days ago. My dad better be en route to the box office as per his instructions (I will avoid booking fees wherever I can).

In other news, went to see Marillion at the Civic last night. Interesting experience. To be fair, the musicianship on display was excellent.
Met them backstage afterwards & I have to say they were genuinely lovely lovely people. Steve Hogarth poured me a drink, & Steve Rothery & Mark Kelly were a delight in conversation - absolutely no airs & graces, & they were complete gentlemen, & despite not knowing me from adam (they are friends with a friend of mine) they greeted me & were exceptionally welcoming.

Got an email about this a few days ago. My dad better be en route to the box office as per his instructions (I will avoid booking fees wherever I can).

£6.80 for 2 tickets! Anyway, the tickets are booked. Looking forward to it.

Lupine & lemonjelly in going to same gig again shocker...:ursofunny:

However, when there is a civic gig, I always try & get someone to go up to the box office to buy tickets in person via cash to avoid any booking fees. They are a huge rip off imo.

I read someone on Twitter saying that you even have to pay a fee when printing the tickets at home. How does that work?

Lupine & lemonjelly in going to same gig again shocker...:ursofunny:

However, when there is a civic gig, I always try & get someone to go up to the box office to buy tickets in person via cash to avoid any booking fees. They are a huge rip off imo.

It certainly is a rip off. For this gig, you're already paying £27.50 for the ticket! When you and I started going to (the same) gigs, it was about a fiver!

Unfortunately though, I'm always at work when tickets go on sale, so have little option other than to book online. I always pick up the tickets myself though, as they also sting you on the postage fee!

I read someone on Twitter saying that you even have to pay a fee when printing the tickets at home. How does that work?

Just another way to rip you off! I've bought "print at home" tickets before on Ticketmaster, but, if you use Midlands Box Office, you can at least avoid a postage fee by picking the tickets up yourself.

As lemonjelly says, the only way to avoid all the add-ons is to do it the old fashioned way and go to the box office.

Yep, if it isn't at the civic, like you I'm pressing f5 repeatedly until the theives can steal my money.

I too have seen the booking fees for costs for the print at home tickets. Well, no way. I'f you're charging me those fees, then print me something.
In an old fashioned way, I like my tickets. I have kept all but 1 of my tickets. They used to be stuck to my wardrobe. Nowadays, I keep them in photo albums. It is great to go through them with friends to look at who you may have mutually seen.

Lupine, my first civic gig was £6. Little Angels in 91 or 92.

I was talking with my friend at the marillion gig last night, & the venue was only two thirds full. Across the music scene gigs are emptier than normal. Staff in the industry are aware prices & associated fees are too high. Thing is, they're charging the premium £30 prices for new acts, not just established acts.

Apparently friday night blast offs at the civic have now been scrapped, & saturday attendance is a third down & that is due to be scrapped.

There's no recession really though...

Back