• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are happy to pay £2m in comp for him, how much was Wilder asking for!

I think the Chinese Monty Don was put off by the fact that Wilder bothered to stand up to the guy at Sheff Utd. He doesn't want people hassling him over a club he'd happily get rid of tomorrow.

Seems Spurs are getting close to appointing Nuno...so the Spurs fans have kicked off with #NoToNuno on Twitter

According to the Sheff Utd chairman Wilder twice asked for £4m to resign.

If he'd do that to 'his' team what would he demand off of another?

Seems Spurs are getting close to appointing Nuno...so the Spurs fans have kicked off with #NoToNuno on Twitter
Shall we say they are less than keen on the fighting cock. Fools. I hope they end up with Sherwood.

I kind of get where they are coming from. Last season we were not the best to watch and they were frustrated with how Jose set them up and now they think they are getting Jose-Lite and probably without their main player next season.

Problem is, Levy can't attract any better. Probably better going all in for Potter right now but I doubt he will.

Plenty of comment about he seems a nice guy but the style of football…

Levy made a rod for his own back by promising attacking football. No manager known for that seems willing to join.

Suggestions that Lucien Favre has now rejected Palace after agreeing a 3 year deal.

Spurs, Everton and Palace giving a masterclass in how not to find a new manager at the moment.

Levy wants attacking football, but his new DoF prefers a more pragmatic style, so something will have to give.

I could see Nuno being successful there - create an identity that all the players can buy into, then Kane and Son are a handful for any opposition. On the other hand Kane is irreplaceable if he leaves.

I kind of get where they are coming from. Last season we were not the best to watch and they were frustrated with how Jose set them up and now they think they are getting Jose-Lite
I don't blame them either. They'll be looking at a team further down the league and with more modest ambitions and thinking 'he hit a ceiling there, so why should he get a shot at a bigger club'

I don't see Nuno fitting in at delusional clubs like Everton and Spurs, his football isn't dominant enough and they wouldn't give him the time he'd need

If Nuno wasn't happy with ceding control over incoming transfers here, how will he settle for the level of control Levy usually insists on with regards to transfers?

Everton/Palace/Spurs are making wolves of spring 2012 look almost vaguely competent...

If I was a Spurs fan I'd be pretty fuming tbh, it's very much jumping from the frying pan to a slightly shitter frying pan. A club with genuine Champion's League aspirations and wanting free-flowing football shouldn't be considering a manager that's just been sacked from the team in 13th place and most of his points from a 7-0-3 formation

If I was a Spurs fan I'd be pretty fuming tbh, it's very much jumping from the frying pan to a slightly shitter frying pan. A club with genuine Champion's League aspirations and wanting free-flowing football shouldn't be considering a manager that's just been sacked from the team in 13th place and most of his points from a 7-0-3 formation
I agree with all this, but at some point they have to appoint someone. The whole thing has been botched starting with sacking Mourinho the week of their cup final when winning cups is what he does.It also seems that the candidate needs to be a Mendes client or at least closely linked to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back