• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
About time somebody took a punt on Eddie Howe given that he's the new Messiah according to some. Hopefully it's Everton and both they and Bournemouth spiral out of the PL.

Little old Bournemouth would want to much compensation for him

They might not in about three matches. Have you looked at the table?

Everton have spaffed about £350m on players in last three seasons so if they think Howe is the right man I'm sure they'll find the cash.

About time somebody took a punt on Eddie Howe given that he's the new Messiah according to some. Hopefully it's Everton and both they and Bournemouth spiral out of the PL.

If carlsberg did relegations!

Can I also say, Arsenal. Worst run in 42 years!

Oh dear

How sad

Never mind

The Athletic
"Watford Head coach update:

- Paul Clement and Chris Hughton awaiting news from club
- Nigel Pearson is a candidate
- Tony Pulis held talks but isn't interested
- Tim Sherwood and Malky Mackay both possibilities
- John Eustace is highly rated by some of board "

Watford fans must be purring at that list!!!

What a choice!

Clement: Three managerial jobs, didn't last a year in any of them
Hughton: Fundamentally dull football, relegated Norwich, very lucky not to relegate Brighton
Pearson: Possibly the strangest man in football. Has presumably spent the last couple of years fighting off packs of wild dogs on his own
Pulis: The worst football in the world
Sherwood: Thick as pigshit
Mackay: More racist and sexist than Boris Johnson
Eustace: Er, yeah

They'd be as well having an emotional homecoming for Ken.

The Athletic
"Watford Head coach update:

- Paul Clement and Chris Hughton awaiting news from club
- Nigel Pearson is a candidate
- Tony Pulis held talks but isn't interested
- Tim Sherwood and Malky Mackay both possibilities
- John Eustace is highly rated by some of board "

Watford fans must be purring at that list!!!

Is that the list of candidates, or the expected list of incumbents for the next 12 months?

Not that I'm complaining, but how has it managed to go so wrong for them this season? They were serious contenders for 7th last year with, I think, much the same squad, and managed to make us look less than imperious on two occasions. We're chalk and cheese this year, though. Can't just by Cyber-karma, surely?

That's a shocking list, the managers just keep getting worse and worse. All they need is to give Marco Silva an interview...

Foster is old and shit (and a bellend), odd refusal to upgrade the defence, again they're a mix of old and rubbish. How is Mariappa still getting games, he wasn't any good 10 years ago.

In fact their whole squad is knocking on:

Gomes (38)
Janmaat (30)
Dawson (29)
Prödl (32)
Mariappa (33)
Cleverley (30)
Deeney (31)
Welbeck (29)
Cathcart (30)
Holebas (35)
Foster (36)
Capoue (31)

Doucouré has dropped off horribly.

Deeney has been injured and his goals gradually dropping off for a while, Deulofeu always performs in spurts.

Blimey, that is an old squad. Even so, they weren't much younger this time last year; still seems odd to drop off a cliff like that. Looking at the squad, perhaps a bigger mystery is how they did so well last season.

Pearson at Watford for the rest of the season

He’s a bit nuts but off the top of my head is managerial record isn’t bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back