• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will get a bigger job than coaching our u18s.

I saw a stat that Joyce, Muelensteen and Phelan all got sacked within 25 games whereas their old boss lasted 26.5 years.. .

Rowett to Derby and Warburton to Forest are two strong appointments for this division. It also means it's going to make it even more difficult next season, IF we're still in the same division as them.

Not keen on Warburton at all. Can't organise a defence to save his life, left his last two jobs in very strange circumstances, Mowbray-style tendency to just play exactly the same way even when it's going badly and never change his methods. Forest are going nowhere (except down) until the clown who owns them disappears anyway, and the latest is that he's hanging around with the ultra-dodgy ex-Olympiacos owner taking a minority stake. They'll be no threat at all.

Rowett will need to adapt his style from what he showed at Burton and Blues - I don't doubt that he can do it, I like him, but plenty still to prove (he has a very, very high reputation in this league relative to his actual achievements, how many managers do you know who have been spoken of in such glowing terms when they've never even made or seriously threatened the top six?). Mel Morris doesn't tolerate bad runs either, just because he's a new appointment won't necessarily save him if they have a dodgy 10 games somewhere along the line.

My Mrs' dad is a Rangers season ticket holder, and backs up what you say there DW - in that Warburton just doesn't have a plan B. His plan B is to do plan A better. For me, I still believe Paul Lambert is a better manager, but the two appointments (Warburton + Rowett) both strengthen rivals in our league, based on their current level.

A shame that Rowett has gone to Derby, I would have liked him at Wolves. Though I suppose once McLaren was sacked, it was a formality that Rowett would go there.

Karanka gone.

Played some truly atrocious football this season.

Everyone was banging on about their "tight defence" after the first month of the season, but if you can't score and only have the tactic of boring your opponents to death to win a game of football, you'll be in trouble. I think they'll go down.

Presumably Pardew or Pearson will now step in.

Everyone was banging on about their "tight defence" after the first month of the season, but if you can't score and only have the tactic of boring your opponents to death to win a game of football, you'll be in trouble. I think they'll go down.

Presumably Pardew or Pearson will now step in.

See Jackett, Kenny

Bottom of the form table over the last 10 games & no win in that time (even Sunderland have managed 1) - not a surprise that he's gone, but with 11 games left who's going to want to go there

He did well getting them promoted and thought he might do well here but then i remembered he signed gestede

"Birmingham City would like to clarify the situation in regard to Gianfranco Zola after recent articles in the media over the weekend: the club has not lined up any manager to replace Gianfranco, who has the continual full support of the Blues board of directors.

"Whilst we understand the frustrations caused by the run of results, the way the supporters got behind Gianfranco and the team on Saturday at St. Andrew's was typical of Blues fans' passion, care for the club and desire for success, which is what we all share and much appreciate.

"The board and all departments at the club are keeping united and standing alongside Gianfranco, his staff and the players, to try and play the kind of football every Blues supporter deserves to watch."

Beautiful, in its own way.

Just about safe for this season now Blackburn have been somewhat cut adrift me thinks. 34 points and 8th when he took over. 12 from 63 since. That win at Molineux really was huge for them by the look of things.

In pure "wtf" news, Granada have appointed Tony Adams for the rest of the season.

Just about safe for this season now Blackburn have been somewhat cut adrift me thinks. 34 points and 8th when he took over. 12 from 63 since. That win at Molineux really was huge for them by the look of things.

Probably the most idiotic managerial change of the season - couldn't have happened to a nicer club

Could we allow that fuckwad Mowbray and Blackburn to beat us just to put the heat on Blues?

It is like choosing between beheading and electrocution.

Not really as beating Blackburn guarantees our own survival at this stage (I doubt we'll get anything out of Brighton or Leeds).

The last time he was in charge of a Granada it ended up in someone's front garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back