• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham Taylor suffered in the fact that he tried to sell Bully... He wasnt given any kind of chance really.

Rowett won't come here because he'll have numerous offers from elsewhere and can pick and choose which challenge he wants. We need too much overhaul at the minute.

I think Rowett would have come when we sacked Zenga if we'd approached him and paid the compo. I also think he'd come in the Summer if free and we are in this league. For the reasons posted by Deutsch I don't think he'd come now.

Sky Sources: #dcfc have tonight sacked manager Steve McClaren. For a second time in 3 years. 6 points from last 9 matches not good enough.

Sky Sources: #dcfc have tonight sacked manager Steve McClaren. For a second time in 3 years. 6 points from last 9 matches not good enough.

If that is correct then Rowett may end up at Derby County, though I would prefer him at Wolves.

Rowett played a good few seasons at Derby, lives locally would be more surprised if he didnt get the job.

Very surprised they have sacked him. On a bad run but not in any real trouble.

I guess Lambert will read this news and get sweaty palms.

Very surprised they have sacked him. On a bad run but not in any real trouble.

I guess Lambert will read this news and get sweaty palms.

It's the kind of swift, decisive action I have dreamt of at Wolves over the years when things simply aren't working with a under performer/bullshitter at the helm. Sack him and his staff and start afresh with a new team. At the very least their new men can get settled and evaluate the players they have, who needs to go and what they need to bring in and with 10 points and 3 teams seperating them from the play offs, it's not impossible for them to make a late run and break in.

Win/win or as PL would say, wan/wan

Did Fosun act to slowly when it wasn't working under Zenga?

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in Derbys swift action. They have waffled on about needing a manager to do things the Derby way again..you know, the exact same same thing they said when fired Schteve the 1st time.

Did Fosun act to slowly when it wasn't working under Zenga?

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in Derbys swift action. They have waffled on about needing a manager to do things the Derby way again..you know, the exact same same thing they said when fired Schteve the 1st time.

The clue was where I said 'over the years' suggesting I wasn't talking about the Fosun era but seasons gone by when we have held onto managers far too long

Only Rotherham and Wolves have less points this year than Derby

As I said before I'm interested to see how Rowett does with a vastly superior squad to the one he had up in 7th place

Warren Joyce gone at Wigan now apparently.

Warren Joyce gone at Wigan now apparently.

He would be a good choice to replace Jerry Gill with the under 18s plus give him responsibility for the other younger age groups. Joyce is looked on as a good developer of youth talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back