• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

I say this knowing full well that you can't tell a lot about a player from a YouTube video, especially from a Scandinavian league (oh Siggy, what could've been), but there's a hell of a lot to like there...

Almost obscene what he does to some of those defenders. They've got families man, stop it!
17 years old FFS

Made his Sweden debut also.

I like defensive players where you don't have to think about it when you're writing the team down. So for two years, Jonny LWB, that's done, I don't have to worry about that one.

A sad end but to pick an example, Kev Foley's Wolves career limped to a similar end in terms of being miles out of the picture and a shadow of what he once was, when I assess his time here I don't think any the less of him for it. That's football sometimes.

Funny you mention Foley as in a lot of ways they were similar, and their attitudes seemed spot on.

Then towards the end they both went off the rails unpredictably. Probably through the frustration of their bodies not being able to do what it once could.

Funny you mention Foley as in a lot of ways they were similar, and their attitudes seemed spot on.

Then towards the end they both went off the rails unpredictably. Probably through the frustration of their bodies not being able to do what it once could.
Same couple of mini-renaissances too where they'd have an isolated game and you'd think "brilliant, back to how he was, God I've missed you". Followed by the drop back off.

Was always gutted Foley didn’t make himself a top half Premier League player. Had injuries of course but Mick didn’t help moving him around positionally, really limited him

Reactions: b3h
Was always gutted Foley didn’t make himself a top half Premier League player. Had injuries of course but Mick didn’t help moving him around positionally, really limited him
He got injured in our very first game back against West Ham, otherwise I think he'd have at least had a run at playing RB to start with.

I'd say you can't imagine how I felt watching Zubar career around there like a drunk horse instead, but I know you can.

Awful, awful, awful management by Trapattoni that.

Basically promised him a spot and snatched it away at the end. For Paul fucking McShane as well.
Yep.

Sickener

Bringing it back to Jonny, because he was so consistent it's hard to pick out games where he was MOTM or particularly outstanding.

But I really liked the home game against Southampton where he scored from a Doc assist, having both wingbacks combine like that summed up how fluid we were under Nuno.

The Europa League games for me with Jonny. Once we first got into the group stages quite a few of ours looked a bit uneasy to start with (understandable - especially as our early league form was rubbish too) but not him. Looked born to play at that level.

I say this knowing full well that you can't tell a lot about a player from a YouTube video, especially from a Scandinavian league (oh Siggy, what could've been), but there's a hell of a lot to like there...

Almost obscene what he does to some of those defenders. They've got families man, stop it!
I hate to be ‘that’ guy, but he’s sensational on Fifa and has one of the biggest growth potentials in the game. Sometimes they get it right… right?!

I hate to be ‘that’ guy, but he’s sensational on Fifa and has one of the biggest growth potentials in the game. Sometimes they get it right… right?!
The new Kennedy Bakircioglu then.

Pretty sure FIFA 03 had Carlton Cole going on to be the greatest striker in the world.

Back