• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Interested when it gets down to "Will give you £1m to take him"

He was loaned to Sampdoria in Serie B in August but only made one appearance, no idea if he has been injured as never heard of him, but that seems like a development move rather than a first team signing on the basis of his profile?

It's a favour to his brother imo, we could try and go for an elite player exemption but no idea how high that bar is.

Thanks for the good times, Jonny.

In his prime I think we could well have played him just about anywhere and he would have been excellent.

Thanks for the good times, Jonny.

In his prime I think we could well have played him just about anywhere and he would have been excellent.
It's a shame it had to end like this but I'm glad it's over.
My favourite player from the Nuno era.

Pre injury Jonny was the most reliable defender I’ve seen in 50 years supporting Wolves. Shame it ended the way it did but I’ll remember him as one of the best in an era we had a lot of outstanding players.

Pre injury Jonny was the most reliable defender I’ve seen in 50 years supporting Wolves. Shame it ended the way it did but I’ll remember him as one of the best in an era we had a lot of outstanding players.
Foley just edges it for me. Though Jonny was more versatile.

That new deal so soon after coming back from the first ACL has bitten us on the arse. Most reliable defender though? Come on, even before I go sepia Boly was better

That new deal so soon after coming back from the first ACL has bitten us on the arse. Most reliable defender though? Come on, even before I go sepia Boly was better
Boly was great but for me Jonny was more reliable. I think Boly had higher peaks but lower troughs. Jonny was 7 or 8/10 nearly every week.

Boly was great but for me Jonny was more reliable. I think Boly had higher peaks but lower troughs. Jonny was 7 or 8/10 nearly every week.
Yeah maybe, certainly not here to dump on him. Perhaps we can agree on best vs reliable?

Tough, tough call. You could make great arguments for each.

Back