• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Still think either etikete, (or whatever he's called), or a young nippy striker still in the shadows at the moment don't think we need fabio with l'pools demands, that much, and maybe they will look at mosquera in abu dabi, before they look at the back with decent money. Bueno seems to be stepping up, after all.
When does chiquino's loan run out?

End of the season for Chiquinho, he couldn't play for us this season if we wanted him to as he's played for Stoke and Famalicao.

Yep 2.5 million would be about 2.5 million more than I'd expect to get for a player who we clearly want out. A player who has had two bad knee injuries in the last 3 years, is approaching 30 and hasn't played much football in the last 12 months.

Plus you are picking up a player I'm guessing is currently on around £70k pw, which he'll want matching or getting in a golden goodbye

Last edited:
Charlotte could use a defender.

Plus you are picking up a player I'm guessing is currently on around £70k pw, which he'll want matching or gatting in a golden goodbye
Very few clubs will pay Jonny that kind of money after two knee operations . He might well choose to sit it out if no one bites .

I think we're at the pay him off stage if nobody buys him.
Would tend to agree . Wonder what rights Jonny has in that scenario.......surely he has the right to refuse and just sit it out , if he feels that the payout is insufficient .

Would tend to agree . Wonder what rights Jonny has in that scenario.......surely he has the right to refuse and just sit it out , if he feels that the payout is insufficient .

That's what he chose to do in the Summer tbf, no reason why it won't continue. Though I guess we're more minded to make the money up to him to get rid given what went on in December

He has a contract, he can do what he wants, but if we give him half the money he's owed and can pick up the remainder or close to it elsewhere I'd imagine that's something he'd do

Even with champions league money this season I seriously doubt Sociedad can afford what we would want for Sarabia (even if the £75m is cloud cuckoo land I admit).

They can have Guedes for free if they want though.

Back