• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiqi doesn’t have the same history of injury AFAIK.

@Tredman you absolutely can say that about them, but I think everyone already agrees that Hwang at least should be upgraded if at all possible (although ironically he does get those flukey tap-ins when he plays).

Neto gets a bit of the benefit of the doubt because we’ve seen him be effective pre-injury, something I don’t think anyone can honestly say is true of the 45 minutes we got out of Sasa before his knee offed itself.
I think Sasa's record at Stuttgart is proof enough that he can perform at a high level.

I'm with you in that I'd have no faith in his ability to stay fit though. I'm a complete layman in this regard but with the type of injuries he's had you're always going to worry.

Additionally, I've got doubts over how suitable he'd be for Lopetegui's style for football. I think he'd be fine on the ball in a possession based system, playing with his back to goal, linking with the 2nd striker/wingers in tight spaces and occupying multiple centre backs with his height/physicality but he doesn't seem like the type of forward to effectively lead a press.

Chiqi doesn’t have the same history of injury AFAIK. But equally I’m not anticipating he’ll be playing a ton of minutes next season regardless.

@Tredman you absolutely can say that about them, but I think everyone already agrees that Hwang at least should be upgraded if at all possible (although ironically he does get those flukey tap-ins when he plays).

Neto gets a bit of the benefit of the doubt because we’ve seen him be effective pre-injury, something I don’t think anyone can honestly say is true of the 45 minutes we got out of Sasa before his knee offed itself.
Chiquinho has played 4 seasons, been injured for 1 and a played a whole 52 games.

Difficult to say anything about a 23yr old who's hardly played.

Sasa is a full international and has played over 150 games for club and country and is 25.

On paper I know which one I'm backing.

Yep, Mouyokolo, Neil Masters and Razak Boukari were apparently pretty good.
Thing with all three of them was we couldn't work out what was supposed to be wrong. What was apparently a minor injury turned into forever out.

With Sasa it's pretty simple, his ACL went. If it's been repaired properly and rehab has gone well then there's no reason why it should automatically impact on him going forward.

I think Sasa's record at Stuttgart is proof enough that he can perform at a high level.

I'm with you in that I'd have no faith in his ability to stay fit though. I'm a complete layman in this regard but with the type of injuries he's had you're always going to worry.

Additionally, I've got doubts over how suitable he'd be for Lopetegui's style for football. I think he'd be fine on the ball in a possession based system, playing with his back to goal, linking with the 2nd striker/wingers in tight spaces and occupying multiple centre backs with his height/physicality but he doesn't seem like the type of forward to effectively lead a press.
ACL's are very individual. Keane and Shearer were top level after theirs were broken.

But Jonny looks a shadow of the player he was. That could be due to injury, a really poor manager, fitness regime or a bad medical department (which we've rectified now).

I think Sasa will be ok with pressing as Costa showed he could do it and he was as mobile as a traffic cone.

Thing with all three of them was we couldn't work out what was supposed to be wrong. What was apparently a minor injury turned into forever out.

With Sasa it's pretty simple, his ACL went. If it's been repaired properly and rehab has gone well then there's no reason why it should automatically impact on him going forward.
Fair, let's hope so.

His other injuries worry me though.

Fair, let's hope so.

His other injuries worry me though.

I make it a total of 3 years out injured, give or take, out of 7 seasons playing professionally.

It was pretty much 1:1 over his career, can't remember whether that included 18 games played in 3rd/4th tier in Austria, no injury records for those games

I must have been looking at the wrong stats! Yes he scores quite decently for saying he doesn't usually play the main role.

Does he usually play with a partner up top though?

I must have been looking at the wrong stats! Yes he scores quite decently for saying he doesn't usually play the main role.

Does he usually play with a partner up top though?
Evanilson or Martinez play off him. Conceição plays a similar shape to Lopetegui has so far at Wolves.

Not sure why people need to go at GFFH.

Has he got stuff wrong? Yes, but that will always happen and there's loads of moving parts with transfers. (Pretty sure he even said the Neves thing wasn't from his usual source)

He obviously gets decent information from a source somewhere close to the club though and posts it in good faith as he's called a fair few things before they've happened.

Not sure why people need to go at GFFH.

Has he got stuff wrong? Yes, but that will always happen and there's loads of moving parts with transfers. (Pretty sure he even said the Neves thing wasn't from his usual source)

He obviously gets decent information from a source somewhere close to the club though and posts it in good faith as he's called a fair few things before they've happened.
And it's OK to pull him up on stuff too. It's a forum after all.

I'
I guess I just don't see the point really, he's never going to have a 100% hit rate is he? He doesn't really even need to post what he's told but I trust him more than most others claiming to be "ITK"
If he's not sure he shouldn't post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back