• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way Fabio's ego is letting him be anybody's 3rd option.
He might not be, I’m interested to see how he’ll look now. If he really does have a supersize ego then he’ll back himself to get in the team.

Surely it’d be Taremi & Fabio, and whatever remains of Sasa’s knees

Getting on 32 years of nonstop practice at it (being an ass, that is).

On Sasa, it’s harsh but I think the club need to proceed as if he’s not playing a role again.

Superstar ego, reality star ability.
I’ve liked the way he seems to have developed from the little I’ve seen - his style seems well suited to us and the PL. It just reminds to be seen if he can do it consistently at a decent level.

Taremi would be an outstanding signing. Johnny mentioned his age earlier in the thread but tbh his athleticism, while not bad, isn't what makes him a good player really so I could see him being able to perform at a high level for 3/4 more seasons at least.

As for whether he's proven (Portuguese league etc,etc). He's regularly scored big goals against Sporting, Benfica, Braga etc, he's scored against teams like Chelsea, Liverpool, Juventus, Bayer Leverkusen etc in the Champions League and he's scored for Iran in the World Cup. I don't think he's much of a risk at all tbh.

The one question mark against him for me would be the diving. He's pretty shameless about it.

Again, all of this probably means nothing as we most likely won't be able to afford him or convince him to join us if more ambitious clubs make him an offer.

Last edited:
Not comparing them, obviously, but you can be great in a team sport and also a complete, utter, soul destroying cockwomble of a human. See: Ibra, Ronaldo, Michael Jordan, etc. Fabs may be the world’s biggest dickwad but that doesn’t necessarily preclude him from success.
Why? He should be fit for the start of pre season shouldn’t he?
Don’t trust his injury record whatsoever. I’m not saying we should bomb him out of the squad or anything like that, but if we have 3 forwards on opening day and he’s one of them, in my head it’s going to feel like 2 forwards instead.

Taremi would be an outstanding signing. Johnny mentioned his age earlier in the thread but tbh his athleticism, while not bad, isn't what makes him a good player really so I could see high being able to perform at a high level for 3/4 more seasons at least.

As for whether he's proven (Portuguese league etc,etc). He's regularly scored big goals against Sporting, Benfica, Braga etc, he's scored against teams like Chelsea, Liverpool, Juventus, Bayer Leverkusen etc in the Champions League and he's scored for Iran in the World Cup. I don't think he's much of a risk at all tbh.

The one question mark against him for me would be the diving. He's pretty shameless about it.

Again, all of this probably means nothing as we most likely won't be able to afford him or convince him to join us if more ambitious clubs make him an offer.
Fair summary. I really like him, randomly took to him while watching Iran a few years ago.

Don’t trust his injury record whatsoever. I’m not saying we should bomb him out of the squad or anything like that, but if we have 3 forwards on opening day and he’s one of them, in my head it’s going to feel like 2 forwards instead.
You've never seen him play FFS.

It has nothing to do with his quality as a player and everything to do with his injury record. He can’t be good for us if he never plays.
You could say the same about Hwang, Neto and others.

It has nothing to do with his quality as a player and everything to do with his injury record. He can’t be good for us if he never plays.
So you can't really make a judgement until we've seen him then?

And I assume you think the same about Chiquinho?

I'm with you on this, his injury record suggests he could break at any time.

Reactions: b3h
Chiqi doesn’t have the same history of injury AFAIK. But equally I’m not anticipating he’ll be playing a ton of minutes next season regardless.

@Tredman you absolutely can say that about them, but I think everyone already agrees that Hwang at least should be upgraded if at all possible (although ironically he does get those flukey tap-ins when he plays).

Neto gets a bit of the benefit of the doubt because we’ve seen him be effective pre-injury, something I don’t think anyone can honestly say is true of the 45 minutes we got out of Sasa before his knee offed itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back