• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I'm far from sold on the O'Neil direction, but I think it's healthy if a manager working in this set up has the odd recommendation greenlit.

We do write off players like Reed sometimes on here, and I'm as guilty as anyone on that front.

He could well be shite, but Dawson and Lemina are hardly glamour signings (both have baggage too), but have been solid pros so far. You need some of that in a squad.

We also need the new fucking Jota too though! 😅
It’s not so much writing Reed off (well I have tbf) it’s more the point about looking at signing a player of a certain profile that we have plenty of already. If Reed was an average progressive 29 year old attacking premier league midfielder I could understand the deal as his profile offers something we don’t have.

I mean if it’s true it’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever read.

Player has one year on deal, Club don’t want him/he doesn’t want to be there, so signs new deal??, gets loaned out to a higher level, and then has option to sign permanently for big fee!? When he could be signed for a modest fee now or a free next year? Make it make sense.

This is before we consider he is bang average.

Player has one year on deal, Club don’t want him/he doesn’t want to be there, so signs new deal??, gets loaned out to a higher level, and then has option to sign permanently for big fee!? When he could be signed for a modest fee now or a free next year? Make it make sense.

The only thing that would sort of make sense is if it’s £15m but the loan fee is included in the Fee if signed permanently, so just an additional £10m to make permanent. If it’s £20 mil surely we could find better out there if we trust Hobbs.

But why would the player agree to that?
Else he is being made to stay at a a lower level, potentially on a wage cut?

As someone who has embraced and supports Scotland (due to my Nana) its nice that I now get to wish for an upgrade to Che Adams on two fronts at least. Novel.

Raya did a similar thing at Brentford.

Signed a new deal so he could join Arsenal on loan with an option for them to sign him for £27m.

That deal made no sense at all. Especially as Brentford had rejected bids of £30m for him.

I can’t believe I’ve just read multiple opinions that amount to “Palhinha > Moutinho”. Makes me sad.
Palhinha v prime Mouts is no contest. But we're comparing them now. Palhinha is a more effective player whose legs haven't gone.

It's hardly a controversial opinion.

He gets to stay in the PL presumably with us paying his full previous wage Vs the likely 50% cut he had when they went down.

We get a player with very little upfront outlay and Southampton potentially get to flip him next year for more than they'd get now if he notches a few goals.

Works for all parties.

It says to me we are only interested in a one year stop gap loan really, and Southampton have got him to sign the new deal to protect their asset for this time next year in the hope they have been promoted.

I think it would take Adams turning out pretty decent for us to even consider acting on the obligation

Palhinha v prime Mouts is no contest. But we're comparing them now. Palhinha is a more effective player whose legs haven't gone.

It's hardly a controversial opinion.
I’d say that Neves : Palhinha is the more apt comparison tbh.

On pure ability, we have downgraded. As people have mentioned, nunes actions towards the end will have clouded his performances/ability. Clearly talented, unplayable on his day but wasn’t consistent for us. Wasn’t terrible last year, but didn’t live up the the price we paid.

Him going, and us addressing other squad issues could actually see us strengthen on the whole.
Unplayable on his day. He had one day at Wolves in a whole season.

Plenty of potential but so overrated by so many Wolves fans it's laughable.

Barring a decent end to last season we were looking at selling for a loss.

I’d say that Neves : Palhinha is the more apt comparison tbh.
Of course they're more similar in style.

Moutinho is the best player I've seen in a Wolves shirt. But the Moutinho from his first two years here no longer exists.

If we could sign just one of them right now, if anyone thinks it should be a 37 year old Moutinho, y'all need your heads checked.

Of course they're more similar in style.

Moutinho is the best player I've seen in a Wolves shirt. But the Moutinho from his first two years here no longer exists.

If we could sign just one of them right now, if anyone thinks it should be a 37 year old Moutinho, y'all need your heads checked.
🫨🫨🫨

Understand your point to an extent, to be fair.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the incomings. Excited about the South Americans whom I know nothing about and positive about the Brits that I do know about.

They add competition and depth, every squad needs that. Doyle has the potential to improve massively, while Adams whose 1 in 5 goal rate at Saints is far from devastating is automatically the most proven PL goal scorer in our squad, our other strikers have proven nothing yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back