• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read that again and tell me about the downgrade from Moutinho and Nunes to Reed and Doyle and not think it's appallingly bad.
Mout last season no drop off.
I have no problem comparing any of his first seasons here, but his final season was one too many.

For you guys that understand all of this stuff, is this calculation copied from a guy on Facebook any way accurate?
It sounds even better.... if it's correct?

For anyone who doesn’t understand the Nunes deal
EDIT FOR THE ILLITERATES::::
We have essentially benefitted to the total of around 80m+ for him
£53m up front fee, plus 7m rising add ons, 10% of profit of any future sale
Cut price deal of 4.3m for Tommy doyle who is valued at £15-£20m so potential of 15.7m saved
Cut price deal for Bueno who had buy out clause of around £22m and we will only pay £8m so £14m saved
£53m + £7m + £15.7m + £14m + whatever profit we get when they inevitably sell him
Almost £90m for a player who clearly didn’t want to be here and we only have to give around 800k-1.5m to sporting
Genius bit of business if you ask me
🐺
🧡
🖤

All reactions:

For you guys that understand all of this stuff, is this calculation copied from a guy on Facebook any way accurate?

Cut price deal of 4.3m for Tommy doyle who is valued at £15-£20m so potential of 15.7m saved
Cut price deal for Bueno who had buy out clause of around £22m and we will only pay £8m so £14m saved
£53m + £7m + £15.7m + £14m + whatever profit we get when they inevitably sell him
Almost £90m for a player who clearly didn’t want to be here and we only have to give around 800k-1.5m to sporting
🐺
🧡
🖤

All reactions:

City won't make a profit on Nunes for me. I think Pep will improve his decision making but the times he just switched off coupled with their squad depth leads me to think he'll be a bit part player before too long.

Harrison Reed can’t be True can it?
Neves and Nunes gone for big money and the best we can muster up is Harrison Reed…Let’s hope Gomes and Lemina don’t get injured or banned. I think I’d rather play Traore, Doyle or Hodge more and see how they develop. Just seems like wasted money and wages that could be used for more promising youngsters now or in the future. A very Mick McCarthy player, all effort little skill.
I’m not all that convinced on Harrison Reed. Another substandard Championship level CM

Who else could realistically afford Nunes for City to profit? PSG, Chelsea, Real perhaps? Some wank Saudi outfit?

🐺
🧡
🖤

All reactions:

No add ons being reported

Johnny's original point was that we had downgraded. We absolutely have, regardless of whether he had an average season last year or not. We have less quality in our squad now than we did last season.

Equally, the downgrade is inevitable as we're essentially trying to fill 4 or 5 squad needs with a fraction of the proceeds from one sale.
On pure ability, we have downgraded. As people have mentioned, nunes actions towards the end will have clouded his performances/ability. Clearly talented, unplayable on his day but wasn’t consistent for us. Wasn’t terrible last year, but didn’t live up the the price we paid.

Him going, and us addressing other squad issues could actually see us strengthen on the whole.

A Gary O’Neil recommendation apparently as a friend down south has watsapp’d me, I’d rather Hobbs does the transfers and GON stays away from transfers if this is his idea of quality.
I would rather Hobbs and GO worked together.
Nothing worse than a set up where the man tasked with leading the team has zero say in who he works with.

Djimi Traore has a champions league winners medal. I’m sure plenty wouldn’t have classed him as an elite player.
I wouldn’t class many of that 05 Liverpool team as elite. Was absolute dross

Yeah I think that's a pretty premature assessment, perhaps clouded by our dramatic chase and capture of him and the fact he's a pretty likeable and infectious character?

Definitely got high hopes for him though
They’re totally different players. With neves gone our style of play will, and has already drastically changed

Nothing worse than a set up where the man tasked with leading the team has zero say in who he works with.
In an ideal world that would be excellent, I suppose Reed is home grown and cheap, plus could easily be sold without losing any money.

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from sold on the O'Neil direction, but I think it's healthy if a manager working in this set up has the odd recommendation greenlit.

We do write off players like Reed sometimes on here, and I'm as guilty as anyone on that front.

He could well be shite, but Dawson and Lemina are hardly glamour signings (both have baggage too), but have been solid pros so far. You need some of that in a squad.

We also need the new fucking Jota too though! 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back