• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it's a lot of words to say nothing
Just read it

A presumption that we would spend a chunk of the £50m+ and any money from Podence and Jonny going. No different to what has been discussed on here really. No insight or actual knowledge.
Perfect article for the E&S but not sure how the Athletic accept it as part of their premium service (I am seriously over paying each month and my subscription is £1)

I don't know if it's a change of editorial policy at The Atheltic or if it is PTS, but when Spiers was covering Wolves he didn't really do that kind of piece. It was more bigger picture/behind the scenes stuff, rather than a daily commentary about something he didn't have anything to say

My boss is a Stoke STH and he's just mentioned to me that there's a lot of chat on their side that Chiquinho might be on his way back here before the transfer window closes.

He told me that he looked like an absolute world-beater on his debut in a friendly, but he was hooked after half an hour against Ipswich ("he looked like a little boy, weak, unfit and not interested"). Last weekend apparently he headed off down the tunnel while the rest of the players were clapping the fans. I'm always skeptical when people comment on a player's "attitude", but from their perspective, he doesn't look like he wants to be there.

Maybe we'll be more receptive to having him back here if Nunes goes, considering they play in the same position (albeit very different players).

But I do think that it’s pretty noteworthy that a claim like this — that doesn’t really seem to be attached with reality — just is swallowed without any questions.
This is what we've been saying about our own journos since the start!

Even some of the national/game in general media have been reporting thus uncritically. Shit happens, we just want some level of truth, especially if it's not coming from the club.

My boss is a Stoke STH and he's just mentioned to me that there's a lot of chat on their side that Chiquinho might be on his way back here before the transfer window closes.

He told me that he looked like an absolute world-beater on his debut in a friendly, but he was hooked after half an hour against Ipswich ("he looked like a little boy, weak, unfit and not interested"). Last weekend apparently he headed off down the tunnel while the rest of the players were clapping the fans. I'm always skeptical when people comment on a player's "attitude", but from their perspective, he doesn't look like he wants to be there.

Maybe we'll be more receptive to having him back here if Nunes goes, considering they play in the same position (albeit very different players).

Looks like that is indeed the case.

Yep, it's a lot of words to say nothing. No quotes, no insider knowledge just wibble
Doesn't post anything = gets pelters
Posts something = gets pelters

Don't get me wrong - he's terrible at his job and the reason I gave up my Athletic subscription. But I do feel like sometimes he can't win.

He clearly doesn't have relationships inside of the club, so only so much he can say really.

Or you sold the engine, steering wheel and seats for £10k so made your money. Anything else after that is a bonus even a scrap value of £3k.

I'm amazed people can't see this.

There are a multitude of mechanisms to move money around such a large group like Fosun in exactly the same way other owners put money in from their other businesses.
If I'm a landlord with a huge property portfolio that's losing money because I can't find renters, my bank manager will advise I sell some buildings. Selling the pots and pans ain't gonna make a difference.

Don't get me wrong - he's terrible at his job and the reason I gave up my Athletic subscription. But I do feel like sometimes he can't win.

He clearly doesn't have relationships inside of the club, so only so much he can say really.
But if you are paying for his contributions..you want something of value.

Not even £1 worth today

Those are really disappointing comments on a player we hope has a future here. Maybe feels mistreated after the injury? doesn't excuse lack of effort though.

He gets pelters because when anything vaguely important at the club he's supposed to be covering happens, he's fucked off on his hols.

You don't have to have a relationship with someone at the club to investigate and comment with impartiality and incision. It's his actual profession, FFS

Reports Elvedi is off to Sevilla. Might explain why Danny Bath turned down a move to Blackburn, he can’t wait to team up with Doherty again.

Just out style to get the Nunes money in and then all our targets have gone elsewhere

It's not his job just to post stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back