• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can they take money out the club? They wrote off the loans, we owe them nothing. The only way they can is with dividends?
but when was the last loan write off? there must have been some transfer payments since then?

doesn’t make sense to me to potentially cripple the squad prior to a sale. why would incoming buyers agree that as a course of action. of course crazy and dumb things happen.

Thanks for sharing.

Anything you else you don't care about and don't really want to tell us to avoid getting the attention you def do not crave?
i’m sorry about the bold, it was honestly a mistake. i love your posts kenny and my intention was not to be a twat.

i’m just so in awe of fosuns stupidity that i genuinely don’t give a shit what rumour comes next.

Appointing o’neil was just a step too far.

they can do what they like now and if i end up watching afc wolves at Boldmere St Michael’s, it has to be better than the post-nuno wolves period….

That sale rumour is bollocks. You can’t sell assets of a product you have already agreed a deal on. The whole deal would collapse.

Basically Twitter is full of rumour mongering cunts who don’t know their arse from their elbow.

Papers seem to be all full of how Man City will not be held to ransom over Nunes. Err - we don’t have to sell him you know!

Fosun are asset stripping us (imo), for whatever reason and it looks like they have no problem with us being relegated at the moment.

Fosun are asset stripping us (imo), for whatever reason and it looks like they have no problem with us being relegated at the moment.
How are they asset stripping us? How does money from sales of Wolves players end up in a non-Wolves, Fosun bank account?

Not saying that this is the case, but one way would be paying considerable fees to the agent to whom you have a vested interest. A reverse Fabio if you will. How much of the Neves £47m stayed at Wolves?

We, surely wouldn`t be worth so much as a Championship either?

At least £100m less. Plus unless the cash in for players is kept within the club sitting in a nice fat bank account the value of the club falls by at least a large percentage of the playing staff you sell.

Yeah with Paddy on this but I am the no swearing version. Believing that they are selling players so they can make a few million, regardless of some of there recent financial difficulties is just insane.

There are numerous really well written articles and books that discuss how difficult it is for owners to truly make money from owning a football team, but fans just constantly ignore it.

Selling Nunes would not be asset stripping and nor would is it disloyal from the player to leave. Football players are treated as assets and expendable pieces all the time by fans, we are happy for them to have to move across the world, leave families behind, learn new languages and more, we as fans will discard them and want them sold when unhappy or we have deemed them not good enough. But as soon as it happens in reverse we get a section of people who seem utterly outraged.

The only way there's any credibility in it is if they've essentially written us off as a bad deal and the strategy is just to salvage what they can, with the value as a Championship club - let's say £40m baked into that as a worse case. In the grand scheme of Fosun's businesses we are an asterisk at the bottom of the accounts.

The bit that makes that difficult to believe is Guo showing up last week, if that was what's happening you'd think he's distance himself from it as far as possible. The much easier conclusion is we are badly run, because Fosun don't trust anybody outside their inner circle and the one they've chosen to be here is a clueless egomanic who is good at following orders passed down from on high

Last edited:
The only way there's any credibility in it is if they've essentially written us off as a bad deal and the strategy is just to salvage what they can, with the value as a Championship club - let's say £40m baked into that as a worse case. In the grand scheme of Fosun's businesses we are an aasterx at the bottom of the accounts.

The bit that makes that difficult to believe is Guo showing up last week, if that was what's happening you'd think he's distance himself from it as far as possible. The much easier conclusion is we are badly run, because Fosun don't trust anybody outside their inner circle and the one they've chosen to be here is a clueless egomanic who is good at following orders passed down from on high
Which is pretty much what the Accountant said a couple of weeks ago. Guo is totally clueless about football, he probably just thought could tip up for fun.

Am fine with players leaving, it's what the club is doing that concerns me. Sure, Fosun may not be able to run away with a bag of money themselves but the scenario we are in now is they have previously written off loans, well in the black post-Neves/Collins for transfer fees, have slashed the player wage bill compared to before and assume the pay off for Lop would be less than what he'd get from staying his whole contract

So what's the end result for them and why are we in the position were in where everything from bollards at the ground to the playing group aren't being invested in?

It all makes perfect sense to me, for example I wanted to sell a car for £10k but a buyer only thought it was worth £7k so he let me sell the engine, steering wheel and seats so I recouped the £3k I was losing and the bloke still wanted to may me £7k for it ! Everyone's a winner, in fantasyland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back