• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these outgoing has to affect the squad, especially with no Incomings

Newcastle just signed Barnes for 38m I think.
Yeah but they're saying they now need outgoings, including ASM, who ideally they'd rather keep.

Our line on FFP is disingenuous, as it has been in previous years, but there was an issue down the road if we didn't do anything.

Man Utd could do with selling some of their surplus players but as ever, they've parked them all on far too much money to start with so they're very hard to shift.

The thing that thickos like me don't understand is how Guardiola can seemingly spend what he likes on players to have them sit on the bench for most of the season.
Much higher revenue I suppose - prob contrived through out of market advertising contracts from Group companies. though aren’t they still breaching rules.

I think he's right, we do have to assess things at the end of the summer, but the optics for the club as things stand right now aren't great and it's easy to see why fans are getting very twitchy.
"Some" fans are getting twitchy and it seems to be those that read something and instantly believe it is true even if someone else reports completely the opposite.

We have lost one player who was a regular starter, the rest were on the peripherary at best last season - they have been surplus to requirements for months.

We probably spent more than intended in January and I think if Lemina and Gomes had been brought in this summer we'd probably be thinking that was a decent return on the Neves transfer.

Our problem continues to be up front, we have two players we didn't see last season in Sasa and Silva who need to be seen at least as options for next season.

We also have a better manager than we had this time last year.

I am not twitchy.

"Some" fans are getting twitchy and it seems to be those that read something and instantly believe it is true even if someone else reports completely the opposite.
But the majority of people only ever read (or quote )pieces if it reinforces their view

Ludicrous. There is no strategy that makes Kilman worth that.
Not even the one whereby if you sell £31.5m worth of central defenders and you haven't yet* got a single replacement in, then you are reluctant to sell half of the remaining senior centre halves at the club?

Not even the one whereby if you sell £31.5m worth of central defenders and you haven't yet* got a single replacement in, then you are reluctant to sell half of the remaining senior centre halves at the club?
That's timing rather than value. We've said he doesn't meet our valuation, not that we'll only sell once we've found a suitable replacement (s).

That's timing rather than value. We've said he doesn't meet our valuation, not that we'll only sell once we've found a suitable replacement (s).
That does happen though, it's why Dawson arrived here in January rather than August.

Nonplussed by the Doc signing more so the 3 year contract,
nonplussed by the Killman situation,
they say it comes in threes, that will be the Cresswell signing then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back