• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Mcatee. Looked good for Sheff Utd last year, probably more of a direct goal threat than Scott. Wonder if it's a case of us bringing in both as they'd potentially operate on different sides.
I think Mcatee would be as well as Scott. I don’t think either will happen but there’s always hope. Mcatee plays the same sort of role as Scott but off the right cutting in on his stronger left foot, like Scott but he plays a lot on the left cutting in on his right foot. Would suit Lopetegui’s 4-2-3-1 4-3-3 or narrow 4-4-2. I know Scott has played CM and AM so I think they could really compliment each other. Unfortunately not looking likely.

In a positive way though they are good players to be looking to recruit if true.

Last edited:
I think Mcatee would be as well as Scott. I don’t think either will happen but there’s always hope. Mcatee plays the same sort of role as Scott but off the right cutting in on his stronger left foot, like Scott but he plays a lot on the left cutting in on his right foot. Would suit Lopetegui’s 4-2-3-1 4-3-3 or narrow 4-4-2. I know Scott has played CM and AM so I think they could really compliment each other. Unfortunately not looking likely.

In a positive way though they are good players to be looking to recruit if true.
Just gotta hope we're being genuine in our pursuit of these targets and not disingenuous.

Why would any club pursue a player disingenuously?
When clubs like to give the impression they're pursuing targets, sometimes around season ticket time or to appease the fans.

There was a strong suspicion we did this when we were after Sven Botman & Renato Sanches.

When clubs like to give the impression they're pursuing targets, sometimes around season ticket time or to appease the fans.

There was a strong suspicion we did this when we were after Sven Botman & Renato Sanches.

It doesn't appease fans though, it just pisses them off. People aren't idiots.

It doesn't appease fans though, it just pisses them off. People aren't idiots.
You'd be surprised at the sheer idiocy inside clubs. People get elevated to positions they are ill equipped to carry out.

It's like all business sense goes clean out of the window.

You'd be surprised at the sheet idiocy inside clubs. People get elevated to positions they are ill equipped to carry out.

It's like all business sense goes clean out of the window.

We've seen that first hand but I just can't see any club bidding with no intention of making the deal. Other clubs would quickly get pissed off and stop dealing with them.

We've seen that first hand but I just can't see any club bidding with no intention of making the deal. Other clubs would quickly get pissed off and stop dealing with them.
Like any business there are loads of tyre kickers around.

Plenty of clubs offer stupidly low amounts for players (or at least they did a decade or so ago and it doesn't look like much has changed).

No bids are required, just some friendly "journalists" to make it look like you tried but couldn't get it over the line.

Didn't Moxey do it with Darragh McAnthony and Posh with either Assombalonga or that double barreled dickhead who's name escapes me? I'm sure he even said he enquired but 'wasn't serious'

Hoddle did it for a whole summer with Iñigo Idiakez.

"We'll give you £1.5m"

"No, he's not for sale"

"£1.6m"

"No, he's not for sale"

"£1.7m"

"No, he's not for sale"

"£1.75m"

"No, he's not for sale"

"£1.8m"

"No, he's not for sale"

"Ok, £2m and that's our final offer"

"No, he's not for sale"

And so we ended up with this.

soccer-anderton-signs-for-wolves-G8M3NM.jpg

Think we bid for Rasiak that Summer too which was probably equally unrealistic as he ended up at Spurs.

Think we bid for Raziak that Summer too which was probably equally unrealistic as he ended up at Spurs.
We did that right at the death. A double bid for the pair. Never had a chance and he went to Spurs on deadline day.

Then he decided that he didn't like penalty box strikers such as Vio Ganea so signed a worse penalty box striker in Tomasz Frankowski.

I'll get over it one day.

No bids are required, just some friendly "journalists" to make it look like you tried but couldn't get it over the line.

And who would they be, Percy or Romano? I'd understand if it was coming from that Keen fella but it isn't.

We did that right at the death. A double bid for the pair. Never had a chance and he went to Spurs on deadline day.

Then he decided that he didn't like penalty box strikers such as Vio Ganea so signed a worse penalty box striker in Tomasz Frankowski.

I'll get over it one day.
I dunno, I reckon playing 6’3 Carl Cort on the wing to periodically cross over the head of frankowski remains one of the comedic moments that football was invented for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back