• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonplussed by the Doc signing more so the 3 year contract,
nonplussed by the Killman situation,
they say it comes in threes, that will be the Cresswell signing then.
Sell him in January to a Mendes club after 2 Cup appearances...sorted.

I'm sat with a beer by the pool in Tunisia and every time it pops into my head that we've turned down €35m for Max Kilman and given Matt Doherty a three year contract it's like my holiday enjoyment goes down by 0.5% so FUCKING CHEERS HOBBSY NOW I'M PINK, TIPSY AND ANNOYED

I'm sat with a beer by the pool in Tunisia and every time it pops into my head that we've turned down €35m for Max Kilman and given Matt Doherty a three year contract it's like my holiday enjoyment goes down by 0.5% so FUCKING CHEERS HOBBSY NOW I'M PINK, TIPSY AND ANNOYED
I was ok until PTS ruined my beer by the pool in Portugal.

That and I left it too late to buy tickets for the Wolves game tomorrow night ☹️

Just read it. I'd thought that this week the only person that would make me think "oh shut up you yampy cunt" would be my stepson but at least Steve's made it two

Even if you wanted to make the case that we want a home-grown qualified, experienced, cheapish, doesn't mind sitting on the bench option at RB (I can just about buy that), Forest just got Ola Aina for free. He's quite clearly a miles better RB than Doherty on every level and a miles more sensible signing. There's no argument to be made that we've taken a good option because we obviously haven't. Anyone who's ever seen him in a back four* knows it as well, even if they struggle to admit it.

*In fairness, this may not apply to PTS, who made a howler of an error in his Freddy Eastwood piece a couple of months ago and refused to back down when I pointed out that he was talking bubbles. I doubt he's ever properly watched a Wolves game that didn't happen in the last five years.

In the Twitterverse apparently the Scott deal has fell though. Upfront fee/cash flow or something of the sort. Take with a big pinch of salt but if true our recruitment so far is looking a bit pathetic. I think Scott is a player destined for the top.

Watched some highlights of Scott playing for Brizzle in a pre-season friendly the other day and he looked absolute quality.

On PTS, he was blocking people earlier cos a few were asking why he hadn't commented on Raul being off. Bloke's an absolute gimp.

Watched some highlights of Scott playing for Brizzle in a pre-season friendly the other day and he looked absolute quality.

On PTS, he was blocking people earlier cos a few were asking why he hadn't commented on Raul being off. Bloke's an absolute gimp.
Whats PTS?

Whats PTS?
A complete shit head called Steve Madeley.

Apparently a journalist for The Athletic but mainly on holiday and produces terrible articles on Wolves for them. Mostly not relevant and much like his career complete shit.

Whats PTS?
What Johnny said.

"PTS" = Part Time Steve, as he's always on holiday and is generally absolutely terrible at his job covering Wolves, despite working for a platform that expects their customers to pay for a subscription.

In the Twitterverse apparently the Scott deal has fell though. Upfront fee/cash flow or something of the sort. Take with a big pinch of salt but if true our recruitment so far is looking a bit pathetic. I think Scott is a player destined for the top.
Well that would be just peachy...

Apparently we had a bid knocked back for McAtee
I wonder what choice we are on now, Lopetegui and Hobbs apparently have a list of players 1st 2nd 3rd choice etc for differing positions. Would be interesting to know what players are preferred before we go to the last minute whoopsie isle.

Like Mcatee. Looked good for Sheff Utd last year, probably more of a direct goal threat than Scott. Wonder if it's a case of us bringing in both as they'd potentially operate on different sides.

Best thing about Madley is, like anyone who writes about Wolves really, you can just completely ignore them if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back