• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not an impossibility that we see another upturn under Fosun and *gasp* even Shi.
It will be despite them not because of what Shi does.

I get the impression our recruitment team has to fight for every penny until Mendes throws some overpriced tat he can't shift our way and Shi says yes.

You also can’t keep spending north of £20m on the likes of Silva, Semedo, Guedes (I believe he was over £20m, correct me if I’m wrong). Guedes is pants, Semedo has zero re-sale value.

Jury is obviously out on Silva still but it was a lot to pay for one that MIGHT work. Nunes and Cunha have got the benefit of the doubt to some extent.

If our future is being a bit more clever and looking for ‘bargains’ like Lemina or Gomes, I’m all for it. But it’s no surprise we’re in a bit of a financial ‘mess’ because the spending on fees and wages has been stupid.

You also can’t keep spending north of £20m on the likes of Silva, Semedo, Guedes (I believe he was over £20m, correct me if I’m wrong). Guedes is pants, Semedo has zero re-sale value.

Jury is obviously out on Silva still but it was a lot to pay for one that MIGHT work. Nunes and Cunha have got the benefit of the doubt to some extent.

If our future is being a bit more clever and looking for ‘bargains’ like Lemina or Gomes, I’m all for it. But it’s no surprise we’re in a bit of a financial ‘mess’ because the spending on fees and wages has been stupid.
Well the hope that I’m going on here is that there was a certain shift to our policy in January, it seemed. I’m expecting we’ll not be spending in quite such… obnoxious ways. At least not this window or next.

We know that Shi will open the wallet when a player is identified, we just need the person identifying those players to not be named Sellars or Mendes. We’ve checked at least one of those off.

Striker - Judging by our interest in Gyökeres and this other guy we seem to want a physical striker

I think that’s the right profile as our biggest struggle last year was holding the ball up. Costa did it to some extent but would always be blowing at around 50 minutes. If Silva or Sasa could do that, great - it will mean the likes of Sarabia, Cunha, and Neto have someone to play off. Nunes too to some extent.

It’s a shame as prime Raul would have been ideal.

Well the hope that I’m going on here is that there was a certain shift to our policy in January, it seemed. I’m expecting we’ll not be spending in quite such… obnoxious ways. At least not this window or next.

We know that Shi will open the wallet when a player is identified, we just need the person identifying those players to not be named Sellars or Mendes. We’ve checked at least one of those off.

I do have faith in Hobbs and Lopetegui. Although it is a bit of a fire sale at the minute it’s good to see the deadwood being shifted.

I’d be more gutted if Jimenez (sentiment aside) and Podence were central to our plans next year.

Reads a lot like how we would view a similar signing: fairly low risk at £5.5m and, if Silva can get him firing even with 7-10 goals, it’ll be a bargain.

I really hope he discovers some form.

We are signing no fucker, get used to it.
If we don't start well, they may get someone in before deadline day.

Other than that wait to see where we are in January

Behave. It will happen - bids are (very publicly) going in for Scott and Elvedi. We’ll sign the latter no problem, and the former will definitely be a later-in-the-window job - I don’t see any other clubs cramming for his signature currently.

I do have faith in Hobbs and Lopetegui. Although it is a bit of a fire sale at the minute it’s good to see the deadwood being shifted.

I’d be more gutted if Jimenez (sentiment aside) and Podence were central to our plans next year.
Yep, it’d be nice to have more than Doc so far but I’m very happy to see some of these go (and Collins for a profit! Still can’t believe that).

Retegui may be great in the end but for the moment I can’t say I’m too upset to miss out on a player signing for a club that just got promoted.

I’m always this guy, but there’s time yet to get things patched up a little better.

Behave. It will happen - bids are (very publicly) going in for Scott and Elvedi. We’ll sign the latter no problem, and the former will definitely be a later-in-the-window job - I don’t see any other clubs cramming for his signature currently.

Shi and Guo will not sanction spends, we had a chance of a player for 18m yet fuck all.

Shi and Guo will not sanction spends, we had a chance of a player for 18m yet fuck all.
A player we know fuck all about, homie.

We didn’t lose out on Kylian Mbappe.

Yep, it’d be nice to have more than Doc so far but I’m very happy to see some of these go (and Collins for a profit! Still can’t believe that).

Retegui may be great in the end but for the moment I can’t say I’m too upset to miss out on a player signing for a club that just got promoted.

I’m always this guy, but there’s time yet to get things patched up a little better.

No, I’m not too upset by Retegui. Elvedi is a bit of a Dawson/Lemina acquisition, and Scott they clearly think highly of to be prepared to spend £20m+ - just hope they’re right and he isn’t another we live to regret.

Still plenty of wages to free up too. I wouldn’t be surprised if we let Jonny go along with Podence and Raul. And god knows what’s happening with Adama. I’m guessing they’re still trying to agree a deal?

Yeah, the fact that he hasn’t signed elsewhere yet is a concern, so to speak.

Maybe he’ll sign on with Miami to play opposite Messi. 😂

No, I’m not too upset by Retegui. Elvedi is a bit of a Dawson/Lemina acquisition, and Scott they clearly think highly of to be prepared to spend £20m+ - just hope they’re right and he isn’t another we live to regret.

Still plenty of wages to free up too. I wouldn’t be surprised if we let Jonny go along with Podence and Raul. And god knows what’s happening with Adama. I’m guessing they’re still trying to agree a deal?
Adama is now a free agent. Nothing to do with WWFC anymore, fortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back