• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I thought he was incredible in their run to the CL semis, but if that same manager clearly doesn’t rate him in this league, there’s something wrong.
There are multiple highlight packages on youtube of United players seemingly ignoring VdB whilst he was on the pitch. Weird shit.

Chelsea’s reputation as a graveyard for emerging talent is well deserved, but how many have Utd seemingly ruined in the last few seasons? VdB looked excellent at Ajax, Sancho was ridiculous at Dortmund

Reactions: b3h
Behind signing a striker, I'd have CM as out most critical.
Way down my list. Adama and Podence are gone/going. Neto has been shit for a while now (fitness or is this just what he is?), Hwang is Hwang and Sarabia I don’t know where I stand on. So a team that didn’t create has very little I’d be comfortable at this stage seeing 30 games from and expecting them to contribute significantly.

All the other positions I’m OK with who we have starting even if in some there is nil/little depth.

I'm not as confident as most that Gomes is going to be consistently good, he has a lot of promise but he's also a kid, and Lemina's Wolves form is more of an exception than the rule throughout his career.
Gomes is and will be quality. Don’t think 22 counts as a kid these days, certainly not one who’s played 130 games already. And did he even have a single bad game last year? Lemina I think will be steady but maybe not spectacular, but that will be fine for me.
Edit: and Bouba, who played 10 games tops for us?
Also don’t think I’ve seen him have a bad game tbf.
Then there is Nunes, the enigma, he could be sensational next season, he has the ability. But well he can also throw in a 3/10 performance fairly often too.
I’m not his biggest fan but surely after a year of adaptation and a pre season he’s got to show more. Still, that’s a £40m player sitting on the bench whereas we don’t have that quality anywhere else on the pitch for depth or arguably as a starter

Midfield needs addressing.
I’d be comfortable signing no one there, unless funds were limitless or we are playing a midfield 3.

Last edited:
I’d say Lemina’s time at Saints and Fulham is pretty well behind him; IIRC Nice were not itching to be rid, he was quite good there. He also speaks frankly enough about his immaturity during his first spell in England that I believe him when he says his perspective has drastically changed since then.

I got zero shades of the mercurial personality he used to display last season, and if that was still in him the ridiculous red card he got against Saints might well have put him in a rut for the rest of the season.

Would be terrible, but I can see why it might happen. Free transfer, wages probably not that high, no doubts about him settling in at the club or the area, represented by Mendes...

Surely to god JLO has seen clips of Doherty playing in a back 4????

Unless we plan to change to a back 3 with RWBs, this is a terrible idea. Disaster
Or its just made up bollocks.

He has been coming back to us since the 1st window after leaving.

Edit: FFS Kenny

Last edited:
Give it time Deano, I only just said no. I'm sure that'll filter through to the club

Maybe we are trying to undo the summer we sold him.

Looking forward to Jota returning and Hoever going back to Liverpool

Liam saying talks are advanced with Doherty but currently no interest in Arthur Melo

I'm not a fan of it, but I guess he's free and allows us to loan Dexter...

Can only imagine we looked at upgrading Nelson and found the options too expensive?

Dunno, it's a strange one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back