• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toti is decent.

I would pick Coady ahead of Kilman or Collins if we had a game tomorrow but that's more an indictment on them.
Fair.

Toti is ok but Coady is better - less mistakes in Coady, natural leader and obviously his passing is/was excellent.

I’m not saying CC is the answer by any stretch but - as you say - if we have a game tomorrow, he starts.

Even in a flat four.

Arguable he could be second best central defender in team (currently) but Dawson-Coady sounds like a nightmare though. Opposition would just switch to a front three and run every time.

There’s some real Denes Rosa style revisionism going on here about Coady. Kilman played his role in dragging us to 13th from bottom. The fact Coady is wanted by a Luton and a Championship team speaks volumes about how he is viewed. Kilman is far from perfect but anyone who’d never seen him in a Wolves shirt would probably be surprised he actually has two legs from reading some of the posts on here.

I loved Coady, our captain for the most recent good years of our play.
Don't know or care if he's better or worse than Kilman. It's time for him to move on, I suspect he's a down to earth, pragmatic guy and realises this. Leicester is a good fit for him and them and we get a few quid.
I can't believe we don't have at least one CB lined up......even allowing for recent transfer policy.

I think we have to accept that, despite his flaws, Kilman is obviously respected by the management team. He’s low maintenance, generally available/fit, seems well liked and is a capable squad player at this level.

Of course, I hope we sign someone better, but it seems obvious to me that Kilman will still be part of the setup next season; especially with Collins & Coady likely to leave.

Coads is a legend for his intangibles, as we’d say over here.

On footballing grounds, though? Put some respect on Toti Gomes honestly. Has barely put a foot wrong when called upon and is absolutely fearless.
Incomparable. Both have limitations. Both have strengths and weaknesses.

Anybody itk able to confirm that we're still interested in Conciecao?

According to the Leicester Mercury we have asked for £8m for Coady.

I think we have to accept that, despite his flaws, Kilman is obviously respected by the management team. He’s low maintenance, generally available/fit, seems well liked and is a capable squad player at this level.

Of course, I hope we sign someone better, but it seems obvious to me that Kilman will still be part of the setup next season; especially with Collins & Coady likely to leave.
I can't see a whole lot of difference between Kilman and Collins , but JL stuck with Kilman from December to May for whatever reason , so there is a fair chance that he wants him either in his starting 11 for next season , or as first choice back up if we buy another top quality centre back .
JL likes Toti as well and once he picked him late on in the season he stuck with him .

Collins will go therefore and Kilman will stay if we don't buy , or even if we just buy one .

For Leicester to agree to that would presume a large promotion add on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back