• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very dangerous for Paddy to enter a chat about getting players wrong...

There was a guy in the South Bank that whenever the opposition had a corner/free kick etc, would shout "Don't panic". Tool.

There was a guy in the South Bank that whenever the opposition had a corner/free kick etc, would shout "Don't panic". Tool.
Pretty sure I’ve sat near him over the years 😬

Had a superb "switch it" man somewhere behind for a couple of years.

I always assumed it was @Trips missing the halcyon Simon Osborn days.

When we then moved into the North Bank there was some oddball behind us both who would just randomly shout out “touch”. Never seemed to be relevant to what was actually going on. Almost like an involuntary tick to shout it out every other minute.

When we then moved into the North Bank there was some oddball behind us both who would just randomly shout out “touch”. Never seemed to be relevant to what was actually going on. Almost like an involuntary tick to shout it out every other minute.
The guy that was oddly giving the Walsall fans a ton of pointless shit from the safety of the back row of the NB and then you turned around and told him to "shut the fuck up you tedious twat" and we never heard a word from him again?

I’d forgotten that! Definitely Dutch courage at play as I wouldn’t normally say boo to a goose.

You anger for him had been building for a few games. Walsall beating us and his ramblings and you snapped

I always liked "TURN!" when directly ahead of the 'offending' player were approx 3 opponents who would have easily dispossessed him if he was somehow able to defy the laws of physics and actually turn around.

I have to hold my hand up and admit to giving a commentary (like a shit Motty). Caught myself doing it a few years ago and getting sideways glances, now keep my gob shut mostly.
Tbf I nearly always sit in a different seat every game I go to so people were only subjected to it once probably.

On the flip side I got some funny looks when I shouted "Fuck off Lage, you prick" as he scuttled down the tunnel following a 3-0 defeat at home to Brighton. As if it were a United fan bawling out Fergie around 1999. Er, you have just watched that game, and all the ones before it?

On the flip side I got some funny looks when I shouted "Fuck off Lage, you prick" as he scuttled down the tunnel following a 3-0 defeat at home to Brighton. As if it were a United fan bawling out Fergie around 1999. Er, you have just watched that game, and all the ones before it?
Did you use that cockney accent that came out when you called Seyi a cunt?

Would explain the funny looks...

Did you use that cockney accent that came out when you called Seyi a cunt?

Would explain the funny looks...
Think it was just standard to be honest.

walking-around-liam-gallagher.gif

Had a superb "switch it" man somewhere behind for a couple of years.

I always assumed it was @Trips missing the halcyon Simon Osborn days.
My dad once shouted "sit down Osborn, you're useless too!", or words to that effect, when poor Simon got up from his spot on the bench to do some hamstring stretches in front of the family enclosure during a particularly poor performance. The best bit is he turned around, looked at the stand, and sat back down again...

We were also subject to a young lad who literally did a commentary style narration of everything that was happening on the pitch, followed up with random things like "nice touch", "switch it", "man on" etc - I was pretty young myself so didn't say anything, but I remember being amazed no one else told him to put a sock in it! Looks like that lad has now revealed himself to be sycophantia.

When Wolves played Wexford Youth after signing Doyle, I went and stood behind McCarthy's dug out to get a feel for Mick's view on the action.
Some morons also came up behind the dug out and started singing 'Super, super Mick.... McCarthy'.
Then they just kept shouting 'Mick'! ' Oi Mick'!.
Mick eventually stuck his head round and said 'What the fuck do you want? I'm trying to watch the game'.
They went silent for a minute, then started singing 'Stupid, stupid Mick.......
😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back