• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or he thinks Dawson is better than Collins (he is correct)

Won't plonk Collins on the left hand side of the 2
I don't think that's really as much of a factor as people say. He does like a left footed player there from what we have seen so far but if he thought one of them was better than the other I don't think he'd play what he thinks is an inferior player just because of it. Plenty of right footed players playing left centre back in the league.

I don't think that's really as much of a factor as people say. He does like a left footed player there from what we have seen so far but if he thought one of them was better than the other I don't think he'd play what he thinks is an inferior player just because of it. Plenty of right footed players playing left centre back in the league.
It's def his thing though. Rare he puts a right footed CB on the left. Did it v Everton with Dawson (I think).

I think he likes/rates Collins but is aware of some issues with him this season and his managing him. I agree with you though he has to earn that spot in the 11 and a big pre season ahead of him.
Only way we would know if Lopetegui wasn't a fan would have been us signing a left footed centre back in January and putting in him ahead of Collins.

Sadly also no rumours of busts up etc like we have had with RAN this year.

Collins should be or could be a run of the mill PL centre half with his attributes. A younger version of Dawson. Unfortunately he’s performed at a level that would see him dropped in the Championship. I’d take £20m in an instant and wish him all the best. He’s actually a really nice guy but a limited footballer.

Is the rumour they've bid and been turned down or just interested in him?

Is the rumour they've bid and been turned down or just interested in him?
Pretty much confirmed Brentford have bid what we paid for him.
Obvs we don't know how that bid was built, did it Inc any add ons etc.
Manager does to want to sell so bid rejected.

Reactions: b3h
As for the Kilman and Collins stuff, it’s hardly surprising that other football clubs/managers/coaches are interested in them. Both homegrown, both played plenty of first team football, experience of the league, young enough to improve etc. How many times do we see clubs sign a player to “unlock the potential” - happens all the time. Both would be useful squad additions to a number of clubs in the PL. Especially if they’re not being signed to play together!

I can post that AND be eager for us to sign better defenders.

I'm guessing that is a signing because Roberts likes 3 senior keepers for the training sessions. Essentially a Carson type signing for us.

Would Kilman or Collins improve if we had a GK who was trustworthy behind them?

Fuck Podence regardless tbf.

Kilman, Adama, Podence, Sa, they’ve all hit their ceiling. What you see is what you’ll only ever see.
Unfortunately yes that is the case, with some others besides them also.

I see Kilman being gone during this window, but not sure about the other 3 tbh.

Don't know what to make of Collins, thought he looked OK initially, a few errors but nothing you'd be surprised at for a young CB. After his sending off against City he seemed to lose any self confidence, looked terrified at times in the few cameos he played towards the end of the season.

Personally I think there’s a really good defender in Collins that a very good coach should relish making a career for. I really hope we see that in old gold.

Kilman isn’t suddenly finding a voice though and I’m not sure he’s got another level above what we’ve seen.

Just my opinion

Collins needs to sit with someone who will tell him that if you're going to karate kick someone's neck off, Grealish is at least a smug prick and you shouldn't feel so bad about it. Hasn't been the same since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back