• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can diss Fabio that’s fine, but UGLY by daphne and Celeste is a toon, where else can you get lyrics of up your butt with a coconut, and going down the road like Frankenstein going beep beep beep and of course you’re U G LY you ain’t got no alibi yous ugly, don’t get that from star sailor or northern uproar
The Spice Girls have a lot to answer for here.

Have we had any direct, actual quotes from Silva?

Seems like it's people around him talking shite. He probably listens but who knows what he actually thinks.

He is a kid. That doesn't mean he gets a pass for this shit forever, though. He needs to bite down on a raw potato.

Well this is just another one of the tons of variables why signing unproven youngsters rarely works out.

And that’s without mentioning for big fees and then the big fee being at least 3x more than an acceptable price.

Would like Silva to come out as others have said and address these comments. I have no issue with the kid coming back and trying to earn some minutes under Julen. He does have a lot of talent and will get better with being so young.

He needs to understand that he is a professional footballer though playing for a team in the Prem and so he will be scrutinised more because of that. Man up and don't let others do your talking for you.

Well this is just another one of the tons of variables why signing unproven youngsters rarely works out.

And that’s without mentioning for big fees and then the big fee being at least 3x more than an acceptable price.
Taking a punt on a young player is ok, but taking one at 35m is not.

Silva clearly has a degree of confidence and arrogance in his ability. Nothing wrong with that as such, as you kind of need that if you want to be the best but, as has been mentioned, he is surrounded by people who are not there to help him but to blow smoke up his arse (or at least it appears that way).

Family, agent and to a degree the man that fired £35m out of a limited budget to get him based on nothing more than he thought he looked good and Jorge's % agreed.

The people around him then create his personality as a kid.
So anyone not telling him he is the best he doesn't like it. We can, and will, slag Lage off on here but one of his earliest starts under Bruno was a shocker. Truly appalling and he deserved to be nowhere near the team. If that hurt his feelings and he thought he should be a starter then you have a problem and could explain the in,out nature of that season.

Then we get reports from Anderlecht that his teammates were not keen as he was all about him. At one point didn't even celebrate a goal with him (for Ted Lasso fans, a bit Jamie Tartt before being subbed for being an arrogant twat).

People who know me, know I do not target players (except Rohan Ricketts...) and I will always give players a chance, especially if there is something there. I think Silva has something that could lead to him being a success, not £35m of something but to realise that he needs to bin the suck ups, get people who will tell him the good and the bad and then more importantly get his head down, work hard and again ( to go all TL again) just be the prickiest prick on the pitch. Just be quiet and humble off it.

He's definitely surrounded by the wrong people. His Dad is a dickhead and whoever this punk is with today's comments isn't much better.

Good to see our fans being as rational as ever, mind.

"One of Europe's top strikers". Yeah and Daphne and Celeste are going to be one of the world's biggest musical acts, you wait.

I see you, and raise you.

Screenshot_20230617_165907_Twitter.jpg

My issue under Lage was that he'd have an ok/decent game (hard to look any better than that as an attacking player with his bullshit "tactics") and then he'd always be the fall guy and get dropped for no reason. Or we obviously need a goal, we're losing, we don't even look like scoring and he'd ignore him off the bench, like how much worse could it be if you put him on for 20 minutes. But then Lage is a cunt and he's not my problem any more.

He does need to get over himself as clubs won't indulge you for long with that kind of behaviour.

My issue under Lage was that he'd have an ok/decent game (hard to look any better than that as an attacking player with his bullshit "tactics") and then he'd always be the fall guy and get dropped for no reason.
This is where the stuff we don't see kicks in though. Is he being a cocky fuck in training and getting slapped back down by the boss.
He was one of those when on the bench who thought warming up was a chance to go for a stroll and have a laugh.
It was so obvious even Liam picked up on it in real time...

This is where the stuff we don't see kicks in though. Is he being a cocky fuck in training and getting slapped back down by the boss.
He was one of those when on the bench who thought warming up was a chance to go for a stroll and have a laugh.
It was so obvious even Liam picked up on it in real time...
Flashbacks to Doc's "warm up" vs Yeovil in one of the first Nuno games :D

As I say I get him being pissed off a year ago, I totally get that and Smooth Brain seemingly made it his mission to ostracise players (happened with Coady/Boly/Fabio) because he's a twat. But not now.

Flashbacks to Doc's "warm up" vs Yeovil in one of the first Nuno games :D

As I say I get him being pissed off a year ago, I totally get that and Smooth Brain seemingly made it his mission to ostracise players (happened with Coady/Boly/Fabio) because he's a twat. But not now.
If your agent is trying to get you an early move, throw out all the moves to try and ensure the club just wants to get rid and will be less inclined to haggle.
First move made - club let him down last time he was an option. Next up will be after meeting Lopetegui he hasn't got any guarantees on his future and it will be best for all if he moves on

Taking a punt on a young player is ok, but taking one at 35m is not.
Well that’s my point. They rarely work out because of the tons of unknowns. And the high price significantly increases that risk.

Some clowns out there genuinely think it was a sound long term investment

If we can get a decent chunk of our money back then just get rid of him. He’ll end up like Niklas Bendtner at this rate.

Well that’s my point. They rarely work out because of the tons of unknowns. And the high price significantly increases that risk.

Some clowns out there genuinely think it was a sound long term investment
There's no way it could be unless he came in and was a 20 goal a season striker (he isn't). Like who are you selling him to for MORE money? It won't happen.

Wolves Twitter is properly unhinged, mostly cunt little kids who haven't got a clue what they're on about, don't go to games and wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life.

If we can get a decent chunk off our money back then just get rid of him. He’ll end up like Niklas Bendtner at this rate.
He wishes.

Lord B was a knobhead but he was a decent player when he wanted to be, Fabio is miles off that at the moment.

If we can get a decent chunk off our money back then just get rid of him. He’ll end up like Niklas Bendtner at this rate.
Lets hope his junk doesn't end up on social media as often as Nicklas' did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back