• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to make a case for this guy as I've never heard of him, but by the looks of things whoever starts next season at 9 will have a question mark against him, whether it's a bargain option like this, Fabio/Sasa or someone new to the league from South America or the Championship. We're in gambling territory by the looks of it

Not going to make a case for this guy as I've never heard of him, but by the looks of things whoever starts next season at 9 will have a question mark against him, whether it's a bargain option like this, Fabio/Sasa or someone new to the league from South America or the Championship. We're in gambling territory by the looks of it
I think that may be the most obvious statement ever made on here.

21 goals in 48 appearances for Lyon if you're being generous. But that was 5 years ago.

I think that may be the most obvious statement ever made on here.
Maybe. Not one I'd have made a week ago though, when I thought we'd be in £30odd million bracket rather than the sub £20m we would now appear to be

Maybe. Not one I'd have made a week ago though, when I thought we'd be in £30odd million bracket rather than the sub £20m we would now appear to be
Not sure price comes into ability, I give you our generational talent...

(Fosun's Zele Ismail)

Generally a higher price reflects a more proven track record or the belief hat a youngster has huge potential. With the former the likelihood a player will do the business generally increases with price but there are no guarantees. Given our recent low level of success with transfers two for the price of one has more chance of success.

There aren’t any guarantees, but with proper scouting and recruitment rather than fees generated to furnish an agents pocket it's not unreasonable to suggest that the higher the price the lower the risk/higher chance of success

There aren’t any guarantees, but with proper scouting and recruitment rather than fees generated to furnish an agents pocket it's not unreasonable to suggest that the higher the price the lower the risk/higher chance of success
Slimani, Richarlison, Sancho, Antony Veron, Lukaku II.

The world is littered with expensive flops.

Money really is no barometer for success.

It's also more littered with shit players who cost next to nothing. I know it's not a barometer, but you'd rather have £50m to spend on a striker than £10m.
It obviously increases your pool of players but the defining factor is not money.

lionel-hutz-world-peace.gif

Been infinitely more impressed with Hamer than Gyokeres any time I've seen cov play. Wonder what they'd want for him.

We don't need another CM.

He shouldn't cost too much as he's only got 12 months left on his contract. Would suit someone like Leicester if they stay up.

I hope we're still looking at Dario Osorio this summer. He looks class and fits the bill of promising young signings in the €10m region.

We don't need another CM.

He shouldn't cost too much as he's only got 12 months left on his contract. Would suit someone like Leicester if they stay up.

We only have Cunha who can play where he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back