• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
what has really struck me in the posturing, is that Lopetegui has also said he wants transfer business done by 1 july, so he has a full pre season with the new team/signings too.

Apparently Arteta will let Smith-Rowe leave if they buy Maddison, I wouldn't mind ESR here but it looks unlikely if we're operating between £8-15m purchases

That isn't happening, no teams do that.
not saying it is or others do, but it is interesting he is eager for business to be done earlier, rather than later. Tactically, puts him on side with supporters I suspect too.

not saying it is or others do, but it is interesting he is eager for business to be done earlier, rather than later. Tactically, puts him on side with supporters I suspect too.
I could very well be wrong, but didn't Lage say something extremely similar last summer?

EDIT: Fucking Herr Ninja, more like.

Find a manager that says I want all the business done on deadline day, no earlier. Bet that will be easy.

With quite a big saving in wages I wonder if we’ll go down the free transfer route for a couple. Presumably they’d be available from the start of pre-season which would help too.

I could very well be wrong, but didn't Lage say something extremely similar last summer?

EDIT: Fucking Herr Ninja, more like.
Last window, despite knowing the team needed backing, we waited until the season started to get our treat from Mendes (Nunes) and until the very last minute to get our key striker signing (Sasa).

You would hope that coming into this season depending on what the manager prioritises as key, they sign those players asap to get them bedded in. Eg, new striker, cb to pair with Dawson, new gk if Sa is gone would be the highest priorities. Fill in the rest based on who we have leaving (like another winger or full back).

You can't buy players early if the selling club doesn't want to sell at that point. Unless you give them pretty much the fee they want they'll always wait to see if other bids come in.

Apparently Arteta will let Smith-Rowe leave if they buy Maddison, I wouldn't mind ESR here but it looks unlikely if we're operating between £8-15m purchases

He'd be a great buy but his contract does run until about 2026, so would probably cost £30m+

He'd be a great buy but his contract does run until about 2026, so would probably cost £30m+
Would think we could do a loan to buy. He's a lovely footballer but made of biscuits.

Nelson is going on a free, he's another lovely footballer and can play on either flank.

ESR can play in the 10 role as well.

Neither deal would affect FFP.

A hard no on Nelson for me, another wide player who hardly ever scores.

Or 13 league goals in 6 seasons...

I don't think he's very good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back