• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do y'all say "shite" rather than "shit"? Is it a conscious thing or just a byproduct of the dialect a la "arse" and "ass"?

Two seperate words both meaning the same thing. Sometimes you fancy a shit sometimes a shite, so not the same as ass and arse. Only an arse over here would say ass, whereas shit and shite are interchangeable

Two seperate words both meaning the same thing. Sometimes you fancy a shit sometimes a shite, so not the same as ass and arse. Only an arse over here would say ass, whereas shit and shite are interchangeable
"Shite" is catching on over here and I don't know how I feel about it tbqh. I don't get "arse" at all. The 'r' takes all the oomph out of it, IMO.

Anyway, back to shite transfer rumors.

*rumours

Last edited:
Why do y'all say "shite" rather than "shit"? Is it a conscious thing or just a byproduct of the dialect a la "arse" and "ass"?
I might be wrong but I think I first came across 'Shite' when I moved to Ireland. Lots of things might be shite, but very little was ever shit.
Arse is very English, I don't know if Arse would be acceptable in America. Ass is the same as Butt. It's your bottom.
"She has a nice arse", perfectly normal. She has a nice ass, would be fairly unusual. I don't think Americans like the word 'Toilet' so it becomes 'Bathroom or Restroom', slightly differently though. if you really couldn't be bothered doing something, it would be very common to hear, "I really couldn't be arsed!" Amusingly you could never substitute 'Arsed' in that context with 'bottom' or 'ass'.

Ireland is also responsible for substituting 'Fuck' with 'Feck'. Even women over here say, "Oh feck it anyway!"
Much less offensive.
One company I worked for sent a guy to America to do a bit of work, he was a trainer and was teaching a group how to implement ISO 9000 in a company and he had one very mild slip, and came back to tell us 'Whatever you do, don't swear, just Don't! It'll screw up your whole day, it'll go down very badly!"

Last edited:
We all know about feck, we’ve all watched father ted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back