• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not checked the exact figures but i think when this window is done we will have spent around £200m. Surely we are in for a quieter Summer regardless of what division we are in. Shouldn't matter too much as long as this windows signings work out well for us but we've spent a hell of a lot of money this season considering where we find ourselves.

I'd much rather we signed a striker, even if it's an overpayment on somebody middling that's then bombed out at a loss in the Summer/end up being 3rd choice and then freed in 2-3 years. As things stand we're pretty much reliant on Sarabia instantly impacting the league like peak Jota, as I don't think Cunha/Raul/Costa/Hwang have even got 5 goals in them for the rest of the season combined.

I'd much rather we signed a striker, even if it's an overpayment on somebody middling that's then bombed out at a loss in the Summer/end up being 3rd choice and then freed in 2-3 years. As things stand we're pretty much reliant on Sarabia instantly impacting the league like peak Jota, as I don't think Cunha/Raul/Costa/Hwang have even got 5 goals in them for the rest of the season combined.
We'd all like a new striker. I just don't see it happening. I'm not sure about Costa, but I think Raul/Cunha will score goals if we can start creating more in an attacking sense, which I think we will with the likes of Sarabia and Podence, maybe Neto, in the starting line up. I also think Lemina will help with the balance of midfield a lot too. Thankfully we don't have to play Man City every week, so with a slightly better attacking plan, we should have enough goals in us to stay up. Especially if Dawson comes in and helps shore things up at the back. But yeah, I'd love another forward but I think it'll all be on Lop to get a tune out of what he's got now.

I think Lopportunity Knocks genuinely did want Antonio (rightly or wrongly). But with Ings and Scamacca injured that simply isn't happening.

I would not be firing off £10m+ bids for the likes of Gyökeres just because.

You see that's the difference between a well researched thought proving piece and what you do :)
I never try to claim anything other than my posts are half arsed efforts.

I shall continue to be proud of my "efforts"

Given that we are flirting with relegation, is it really worth risking NOT bringing someone in up front? A recognised number 9 who's job it is to goal hang in the middle.

I think a 6 month loan makes the most sense as Sasa and Silva will be back in the summer and Lop can run the rule over them and decide if we need a permanent deal for someone at that time instead.

That's why I suggested a Chelsea forward. They are going to be a decent standard and they can't all play.

Given that we are flirting with relegation, is it really worth risking NOT bringing someone in up front? A recognised number 9 who's job it is to goal hang in the middle.

I think a 6 month loan makes the most sense as Sasa and Silva will be back in the summer and Lop can run the rule over them and decide if we need a permanent deal for someone at that time instead.

That's why I suggested a Chelsea forward. They are going to be a decent standard and they can't all play.
They don't have number 9s spare. They have a billion wide players. That's why they play Havertz up front.

They have Aubameyang I suppose but he's awful now and would cost the earth.

They don't have number 9s spare. They have a billion wide players. That's why they play Havertz up front.

They have Aubameyang I suppose but he's awful now and would cost the earth.
...and has played for 2 clubs this season.

That team that plays in Lycan's town have signed a striker today, so maybe that lad that plays for a team in Lycan's town might be more available

That team that plays in Lycan's town have signed a striker today, so maybe that lad that plays for a team in Lycan's town might be more available
I think that poster who posts quite a lot on here was saying something similar in a thread I was reading earlier on. (Might have been this one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back