• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Vickery said this afternoon that Flamengo were initially very happy with our offer so hopefully they’ll see some sense and push it through.

Tim Vickery said this afternoon that Flamengo were initially very happy with our offer so hopefully they’ll see some sense and push it through.
If they've got us to increase our offer slightly then that's the most they could hope for given the players stance.

Don't post it then
Ah would rather talk about bullshit transfers, get Paddy wound etc than peoples haircuts...

That will come from a report yesterday that said a team are ready to battle it with Liverpool in the Summer over signing him....luckily for us, that team is Chelsea.

I'm not convinced that signing a decorated but aging right back from a Spanish giant is a great idea. Something just makes me think it won't go well

I'm not convinced that signing a decorated but aging right back from a Spanish giant is a great idea. Something just makes me think it won't go well
He's really tailed off over the last couple of years, from what I have seen. Which is the only way we could stand a slim chance of making it happen (with a bit of Smooth Loperator added to the mix).

I agree with your reservations, though.

Don't see how we're in a position to be offering summer moves to anyone when our divisional status - and as a result, absolutely everything else - is so obviously up in the air.

The Spanish press come up with an almighty amount of shite (much more so than even in the UK) so I wouldn't pay too much attention.

From article linked in the Gomes tweet:

Despite a higher transfer fee and salary than Wolves offered, the player didn't give in or go back on his original deal. His club, with which he returned to training, had however put pressure on him to join Olympique Lyonnais. The intervention of John Textor, president of Lyon and Botafogo and close to Rodolfo Landim, his Flamengo counterpart, proved useless.

Yayy!

Before signing for Wolverhampton, Joao Gomes could return to the group and compete in the Brazilian Super Cup on Saturday against Palmeiras.

Boo!

So Chelsea signing Madueke means he is their 10th forward player at the club.

Surely we could make a bid for Broja on loan for 6 months to help us out?

He's out for about 9 months so other than keeping Sasa company, probably not.

Wouldn't have been the answer anyway, his record is shite.

Surely we could make a bid for Broja on loan for 6 months to help us out?
After the Sasa rumours of signing him with ACL injury, probably best not to actually sign a player who has that injury

Ah ok I didn't realise he was injured. One of the others then!

Did it in a game v Villa during the World Cup.

Coventry are signing a forward, maybe freeing up the possibility of the lad we were linked with making a move this month

I personally don't think we're in the market for a forward this window. Of course, the club will say "if the right deal comes along, we'll see what we can do" but realistically we'd have to smash our transfer record again to bring in a genuine PL standard goalscorer, and I don't see us loaning someone while we have Raul, Costa & Cunha here already. I appreciate that those lads currently have a combined total of 0 PL goals between them, but Jeff & Co will be looking for improvements from them all with the additions we've brought in already. The other option would be to go and sign someone from a lower level (like the lad we were linked with from Coventry), but then you're up against those clubs not wanting to sell without a replacement half way through the season, overpaying and they'd take time to get up to speed a level higher anyway.

I honestly don't see us making another signing, apart from possibly Gomes.

It'll be down to Lop to get a tune out of a frontline containing a combination of Cunha/Raul/Costa/Sarabia/Podence/Adama/Hwang and a returning Neto.

I say all of the above with the disclaimer that of course, I want us to sign a "goal scorer", but from a business point of view I just don't see it happening. We can't grumble about the manager not being backed, either. They've properly had a good go at sorting the squad for the final 18 or so games. Elephant in the room is the squad will need more investment in the summer, and I don't think that happens without one or two players being sold for big sums, but we'll have to cross that bridge when we get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back