• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Is the yolk still runny? It has to be runny.

I had a pizza in France once and the fuckers cracked a raw egg over it.

I like mine just on the turn, not too runny.

I watched Delia Smith cooking scrambled egg. Looked disgusting, not properly cooked and far too moist.

The dirty bastads
That's ace. If your pizza is straight from the oven the egg cooks perfectly after a few minutes. Stops you eating the pizza too early and burning the shit out of the roof of your mouth too.

Made some fucking ace pulled pork in the slow cooker the other day. Absolutely delicious - a fuckload of spices, some wine, tomatoes, stock - it was really easy to shred too.

Stank the office out when I reheated the leftovers at work the next day.

Fish pie tonight.

Countdown until the arrival of the slow cooker haters in 5,4,3...

Hate all they like. Nothing wrong with a slow cooker - does a better job than an oven with dishes like this, use a LOT less energy, very handy when you're at work all day and can then come home to a delicious smelling house with no need to do anything else, cheap, easy - they're great.

Started making our own stock in them now - bung in the leftover bits you normally throw away (chicken carcass after a Sunday roast, discarded bits of veg etc), stick it on over night with some water and you've got some nice homemade stock to use.

Who hates a slow cooker?

A bit like hating a frying pan.

Tried a slice of the Costco B'day cake I got for my Mom. GOOD GOD! Sickly sweet.

Still the folks like it (or at least they say they do).

As it's still 33° here didn't fancy cooking much this evening after work. So fixed a simple BLT on 9 grain wheat bread and a dash of peppered mayo!

Very enjoyable.
017b9745f9c8b1227442b587dec47b89.jpg

My favourite Sunday dinner. Lamb, tiny tatas, peas, carrots, cauliflower, roast tatas.

Beef casserole (meat from the local butcher & melt in the mouth. No more expensive as can buy the amount I want rather than pre packaged & no plastic to dispose of - various veg just chucked in as well with a jacket potato

It's the slow cooked pulled pork thing again today. Been on the go for just under seven hours so far.

Work is doing this 'foods of the world' thing at the moment and today was the turn of....I can't remember them all, anyway;

I brought some Colombian chicken and potato soup for the folks and I had this Eastern European herb and meatball soup. The folks loved theirs but I now have a higher salt content than the Red Sea.

Back