• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Not at all.

Here's some tripe.
c645ef7c4ba13a6145ff208b8ec8eda7.jpg

Think I'd have just stuck to the Limpets.

Sea bass for me with assorted roasted veggies.

Got a nice big rib eye tonight.

Had fantastic mussels in white wine and garlic on Saturday. They were really superb. Big fat molluscs.

Morrisons have started doing some nice looking scallop skewers with what looks like parma ham on them. Must try that soon. Defo one for the barbie. EDIT - I think there is chorizo involved too.

Morrisons have started doing some nice looking scallop skewers with what looks like parma ham on them. Must try that soon. Defo one for the barbie. EDIT - I think there is chorizo involved too.

I am popping into Mozza's this week then

Had some cracking food down in Cornwall the past week, love my seafood and cream teas down there

Must admit that I've not thought of having limpets before but wouldn't mind trying them now I've seen them, presume similar to oyster taste with a bit more consistency like a muscle.

I've never been tempted by tripe, although I do like chitlings. My dad grew up on tripe and vinegar and it never really appealed

I've never been tempted by tripe, although I do like chitlings. My dad grew up on tripe and vinegar and it never really appealed

Neither have I, even though my dad enjoyed tripe and onions when I was growing up. Tripe, onions and brown sauce, how revolting. He also loved pigs trotters cooked in yellow split peas. These I did try but the hairs on them put me off!

Just googled tripe. Sweet mother of god

My Dad worked on a pig farm when we were kids so there was always half a pig in the freezer, did actually enjoy chitlins with vinegar on, but the texture of tripe put me off !

Neither have I, even though my dad enjoyed tripe and onions when I was growing up. Tripe, onions and brown sauce, how revolting. He also loved pigs trotters cooked in yellow split peas. These I did try but the hairs on them put me off!
Hairs on peas?

My Dad worked on a pig farm when we were kids so there was always half a pig in the freezer, did actually enjoy chitlins with vinegar on, but the texture of tripe put me off !
Are you sure? Not a prison warden?

tripe is pretty gross, too chewy, but I do love me some tendon.

my go-to pho bowl is fatty brisket, steak, and tendon. tried to get into tripe but just couldn't, even with delicious broth and noodles.

Back