• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Also, sausage and mash with onion gravy. Kids will love it and it's easy to make.

Also Pizza, and get the kids to top their own with what they want on.

Also Pizza, and get the kids to top their own with what they want on.

We made French Bread Pizza's yetserday (the first thing I have tried cooking with them). I thought they were really nice but the kids hardly ate any :icon_lol:

I did overcook them slightly though. Belle is going through a fussy stage and said they were too crunchy. Both kids loved helping me make them which was good (although Arlo just pretty much ate cheese and sweetcorn while Belle & I topped the Pizza's!)

We made French Bread Pizza's yetserday (the first thing I have tried cooking with them). I thought they were really nice but the kids hardly ate any :icon_lol:

I did overcook them slightly though. Belle is going through a fussy stage and said they were too crunchy. Both kids loved helping me make them which was good (although Arlo just pretty much ate cheese and sweetcorn while Belle & I topped the Pizza's!)
Belle was probably aware that overcooking bread products definitely gives you cancer.....well, perhaps anyway.

Any sort of stew/hotpot is also very easy - chuck some meat, whatever veg is available (root veg goes best, carrot/parsnip/swede) stock/herbs etc (if its a hotpot then sliced potato on the top)

Slow cook (remove covering for the last bit if potato is there to brown off)

Dead simple & very tasty, plus if the kids have an aversion to one of the vegetables included its easy for them to ignore that bit

Thai noodles with beef and broccoli. Unfortunately got to sit at the table to eat it.

Anybody else prefer eating their tea whilst sitting on the settee with it on a tray. I know its wrong, but I do.

Thai noodles with beef and broccoli. Unfortunately got to sit at the table to eat it.

Anybody else prefer eating their tea whilst sitting on the settee with it on a tray. I know its wrong, but I do.

Never do that, though do have the benefit of it being a lounge/diner with a table in full view of the TV if there is something I want to watch

Never do that, though do have the benefit of it being a lounge/diner with a table in full view of the TV if there is something I want to watch

I'd do it every night. Not because I want to watch the tele, I just like it. Even a Sunday roast dinner. Thinking about it, the only time I sit at the table is if neighbours are round, or people from work, or if I'm eating outside. Just call me a slob :)

I only ever sit at a table for dinner when it's Christmas.

I only ever sit at a table for dinner when it's Christmas.

Yeah I'll add Christmas to mine too. Was always made to sit at the table when I was younger, even for a sandwich. Now I don't have to :)

Have an eat in Kitchen + a lounge/Diner so tend to sit at a table wherever I decide to eat

Only other options are in a bedroom or bathroom - neither of which is ideal

Had some of this after dinner tonight:

The-Collective-limited-edition-Coffee-yogurt-copy.png

Actually works really well. Kinda chocolatey.

Kiwi fruit. Bloody love them. I could go through a whole pack of 6 in one go.

Yes. Its cracking, as long as you cook the liver correctly. :licklips:

Strawberry jelly and ice cream for afters. Cos its been ages since I had any :)

Phoned my local curry house the other night, and asked if they deliver - they said "No, only chicken, lamb and prawn".

Back