• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

I really don't see the issue with mint on pork.

How is it massively different from having it on lamb? It's just a slightly different tasting meat. In fact I probably enjoy it on pork more than lamb to be honest.

And apple sauce is just what you have with it so it goes on the fork too! It's a delicious combination.

I love mint sauce on all sorts of things. Mainly veg, but most roasted meats too. The missus has got a craving for mint sauce at the moment, which means we're getting through a fair old amount.

One of my favourite things to put mint sauce on is a Chicken & Mushroom pie.

Absolutely. I often put it on pies too.

Apple sauce and Pork is bang on - in fact add a load to the gravy when making it and it is godlike.

Mint is just the wrong flavour for Pork and way too powerful. If you think Pork and Lamb taste the same (nearly) then there really is little hope.

I'm not saying they taste the same, just that they are both roast meats and mint works with both. IMO.

I'm not saying they taste the same, just that they are both roast meats and mint works with both. IMO.

I love mint sauce, and not just on meat. Love it on mashed potaoes, on some veggies,on pies, on chicken, turkey, even on sausage if im having bangers and mash. Works for me :)

Same here. It's good on mashed potato depending on what you're having it with.

If I have chicken chasseur with plenty of mash then the mint sauce comes out.

I'm going through a massive horseradish phase at the minute, so that goes on virtually everything :)

Same here. It's good on mashed potato depending on what you're having it with.

If I have chicken chasseur with plenty of mash then the mint sauce comes out.

Same here, have even put it in stews. Love the stuff.

I have yet to try it on cheesy chips though!

Yep stews too for me. Also yet to try cheesy chips.

Horseradish is too strong even for my tastebuds.

I'm going through a massive horseradish phase at the minute, so that goes on virtually everything :)

Love that too. Bought some Horseradish and Apple soft cheese the other day. Sounds an odd combination but it was bloody lovely, the horseradish wasn't too strong that it over powered the apple. Really nice.

Sausage and sauerkraut!
0bde995193b0a752dc2d9917a6dc69bf.jpg

Not both of them, surely?
Rofl etc...

It wouldn't surprise me to find out I was a "supertaster". That's someone with more tastebuds than average on the tongue. I'm very sensitive to strong/bitter flavours even if they are subtly hidden.

Rofl etc...

It wouldn't surprise me to find out I was a "supertaster". That's someone with more tastebuds than average on the tongue. I'm very sensitive to strong/bitter flavours even if they are subtly hidden.

I'll be honest Bear - I'd be less surprised if Dean Saunders was announced as the new manager of Barcelona.

Horseradish is too strong even for my tastebuds.

Only in moderation though, the same as Marmite, I'm one of those flouncing puffs that cannot stand anything hotter than a Bhuna, and I've never understood anyone that eats something that's so hot you cannot tell what you're eating ??

Same here Paul. Ruins the taste for me.

Supermarket chicken curry with boiled rice. And a box of Quality Street for afters.

#becauseimworthit

Bloody nice it was too.

Back