• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Boring, but an easy to prepare dinner tonight.Smoked Salmon and soft cheese on crackers

10 hr slow cooked short rib with mash and roasted parsnip. Delicious.

Parsnip is vile. Same as swede. Tastes like a gone off potato.

That's just masking the flavour with lovely buttery mash though.

Swede, parsnip, sprouts, cabbage, etc. They can all get to feck. Nasty stuff.

Parsnip is vile. Same as swede. Tastes like a gone off potato.

Roasted parsnips are seriously not vile at all - with a good roast meat (pork is probably best with them) they are superb

Need to be cooked for the right time though to have the right consistency/crispness

Ooh I love roast pork. Slathered in gravy, mint and apple sauce.

Fast becoming my favourite meat above lamb and beef.

What veg do you like then? Dont think theres much veg that I'm not keen on, oh maybe cauliflower, unless its drizzled with melted cheese.

What veg do you like then? Dont think theres much veg that I'm not keen on, oh maybe cauliflower, unless its drizzled with melted cheese.

Cauliflower is fine, but needs to be cooked for the correct time or turns into mush - never been able to stomach cabbage though (probably a throwback to being at boarding school where the cooking skills were minimal)

Cauliflower is fine, but needs to be cooked for the correct time or turns into mush - never been able to stomach cabbage though (probably a throwback to being at boarding school where the cooking skills were minimal)

Yes, horrible if its mushy. I tend to pick out and eat all the stalks rather than the actual flowers.

Mint sauce on pork?!

jimmy-bullard-o.gif

I have mint sauce on all roast meat.

Add cauliflower to the list. Rank.

You need new taste buds. Mint has no place near any meat bar lamb. Roast parsnips are fucking heaven, especially with a bit of rosemary. Cauliflower is lovely too.

Mint and pork.? FFS...

Unlike masking the flavour of everything that you seem to eat with either a mint, apple or salad cream combo?

Back